Email home to Mom: Monday, July 26, 2021
From: Kaitlyn.garcia@missionary.org
Subject: Knocking Doors??
Hey hey heyA so many things this week!
How was the 24th? How was the Rose family get together? I saw a few
things from Lake Powell and it looked like it could've been a fun trip?
I'm just gonna get into it this week because I feel like it's pretty
long haha! I don't think I hit a word limit yet though ;)
- Brooklyn is just good at everything! Kinda annoying ;) I'm glad she had fun though! How was it with Jada this year?
-
Families of others are hard, especially that one. But I'm glad you guys
only stayed a little bit and didn't have to deal with it anymore
-
I'm sure people probably thought that Brittan and I lived the married
life...but I hope we're different too haha! Side note: I need to see a
picture of Alaina
- Speaking of Alaina, how's the other one?
- B told me about Damon! I'm glad it wasn't weird like it normally is with Any Riddle family member
- What do you think will happen with the Stephen's? Do Chuck and Shawna see anything wrong with it at all??
- How was the Bull thing? How are the Miller's?
-
When I saw that he got his flight plans I was so excited! What time
does he leave? I have a plan but I need to talk to you about it when I
call :)
- The Express package was so good! I love
the pants! Thank you thank you! I also got the shampoo and conditioner!
I've been experimenting to see how it works best with my hair :)
- I love Harper but man is she a handfull too!
- The stupid shorts.... I told Brittan he can't wear them. It's a lot of bit redneck for me haha!
MONDAY
Whatta
day! It was a mess to say the least but it was fun haha! I was thinking
though, time is gonna fly by and pretty soon I'm gonna be in the land
of eternal pdays! How freaking crazy is that?! Tonight was kinda rushed
because we spend literally all day at the chapel. We got to play chair
soccer and just got to hangout. I really love my district here and it's
been so fun to get to hangout and get to know them. On the way home we
decided to make a pitstop for some dinner because of the time. We did
get some really good Mexican food after though, I even got elotes! It
made my whole day! We didn't have too much going on tonight, we did a
quick little English class with someone who's pretty fluent so it wasn't
too bad. I think im starting to get tired of doing English classes but
that's okay:) I'll keep doing it if it means I get to talk to people ;)
It was so good to get to talk to you even if it was just for a minute! I
love and miss you! 
TUESDAY
Ola!
Como vai? Alright I don't know what it was today but I think today was
probably the worst day I've had as a missionary. I had the least amount
of energy and I don't know. I just felt like I didn't work super hard at
the end of the day. I don't know how to explain it, but I decided to
never let that happen again:) Today was a lot of Area Book and member
work trying to figure out who goes where. We think when the ZL's die
this transfer we're gonna get their area, but we don't know for sure.
But if it does we're trying to see where all the members are at right
now. Then we went to Irmã Fatimas house! We love that woman so much!
Today though she freaking popped off! She was like, people need to get
to church, there's no excuses. She also kinda hounded on us and told us
that we need to be better missionaries but she also thinks we can just
go and knock any door we want. Haha! We love her but sometimes she's
hard. She of course made us food too. It was essentially cachupa but
make it cafe da manhã haha! She had an egg for us and everything. It was
pretty good not gonna lie but I was so so full. We've decided that
Tuesdays are just gonna be fasting days because she'll feed us and we
feel so so full after. Tonight was pretty packed with contacts and an
English class with our friend Lucinie. She lives in Brasil and we teach
her and her daughter English! Hearing little kids speak português makes
my heart so so happy! :) I always learn new stuff from her and her
daughter and it makes me so excited to get to Brasil um dia ;) I hope
you had the best day and are soaking up some sun for me! I love you
forever! 
WEDNESDAY
You
already know what today was! Haha! More service! You'd be so proud of
me though, I literally build a bed frame and I didn't mess up once. At
let me just put it out there that it was not like an IKEA bed frame. It
was this super industrial looking, metal thing. I unfortunately did not
get a picture but it was hard okay? Haha! I also think I'm getting used
to all the humidity because I don't feel as sticky. I'm definitely aware
of it but it's not like what it was. I feel like that's gonna be weird
to go back home and have it by so so dry. Today I also got a text saying
that I get to give a talk on Sunday. I feel like I'm more nervous for
this talk than I was for my first one. I don't know why but I know that
we could potentially have two friends there and I want it to go well for
them. It's hard because I have them to think about but also what the
branch needs. I don't know what I'm gonna pick but it has to be from
this last conference. I'll have to keep you updated ;) Lately we've been
doing a TON of finding! It's like our friends are out do things for
summer or something ;) It just been hard to meet with people this week.
We read a standard today that said if our area book is small we are not
allowed to go knock doors or anything of the sort....yet. So hopefully
that'll change here soon and we can really get to grinding. We had an
awesome lesson with Annie tonight though. She's been taught everything
but doesn't really seem to have a strong testimony so we decided to go
in and just study the Book of Mormon with her. She's super smart and
retains information like crazy so when we talked about 1 Nephi she
basically told the story to us. So crazy haha! I'm excited to study with
her and see her testimony grow, hopefully ;) Tonight for finish we went
up to the roof too! And I finally got to watch the sky!!! You already
know my love for the sky ;) but man do I love it! I don't think anything
will ever beat Utah skies but it was so pretty tonight. I think you
guys are getting ready to head back home from Powell today so I hope
your trip was good and full of surfing! I love you to the moon and back
mom! 
THURSDAY
Alright
I gotta admit, this week has gone by a little slow. Haha! I kept
thinking that today was Friday and it was not at all. Anyways, this
afternoon we had a super awesome lesson with Helmer! He actually reached
out to us this morning and asked if we had some time to study because
he didn't understand some things. He's currently reading in 2 Nephi so
you know how that goes with Isaiah haha! It was a super cool lesson and
we talked a lot about faith. We even went over the most recent talk from
President Nelson. And thank goodness the lesson wasn't awkward or
anything! It was seriously a tender mercy, at least for me it was. After
his lesson we had to get straight into weekly planning. Sister Parrish
and I try to always spice it up and make a treat or go get something
new. It makes it way more fun and I highly recommend:) Today we went to
this place called 'La Fruta Loca' and let me tell you what this store
had!! It had EVERYTHING you could possibly imagine! It even had baby
bottles of tajin! You're kidding me! I got this cup full of mangos and
chamoy and tajin, like I used to back home. But guess what?! This thing
had a Tamarindo straw AND mango ice cream at the bottom! It was 100% the
best best I've ever had:) My heart was so happy mom!! Today honestly
was just straight planning because we also have to training for DC
tomorrow. More to come on that later ;) How's things going? How's
Christian feeling about flight plans?! It's all getting so so real and
I'm not even the one at home ;) Anyways, that's really all I have for
today, nothing too crazy except my fruit that I love so much! ;) I love
you mom! 
FRIDAY
It's
Friday, Friday, Friday!! Do you remember that sing haha! That was a
time ;) Today was DC day! That also meant that Sister Parrish and I had
to give our training too. We were told to train on the Love, Share, and
Invite initiative from the church. Mons wanted us to make it fun and
engaging sooooo we decided to have them all take a love language quiz
haha! Don't worry we tied it all back in but it was so funny amor haha! I
took mine and was shocked! Mine was physical touch and quality time. I
was thinking about it too and you just aren't a physical touch person so
I'm confused haha! Anyways, I think our training went pretty good and
we had a few solid quotes as well ;) Gotta love the quotes from gospel
library and Preach My Gospel. Not gonna lie our afternoon was pretty
slow, but I honestly didn't mind it too much. Here comes your TMI for
the week haha! I started my period today and I thought I was gonna die
or something. I couldn't even stand to give the training for DC. I did
for a minute and then went and sat back down. The fact that we didn't
have too much normally would bother me but today I was grateful. Haha!
Funny how certain things change your pint of view huh? Tonight for pros
we decided to head to a park and work there! I was so excited to just
get out and get some fresh air. It was nice to get out of the apartment
and have a change of scenery too. We found have our rule to only talk in
Português when we're outside so that was fun too. Sister Parrish and I
are thinking we could get trainees so we're getting into these new
habits like that to help. If we encourage them to speak the language
whenever they can and make a good, safe environment for them, their
language is gonna grow so so much. Anyways, it was a good night:)
Update: I am feeling better and all is well! I hope your week is going
good! I hope that you all made it ue in one piece and that the 24th is
so fun! I love you! 
SATURDAY
Exchanges!
Except this time the STLS got got come out here and we just walked
across the street kinda nice not gonna lie haha! It was a pretty good
exchange too :) I was with Sister Potter again! I kinda hoped I was
gonna be with Sister Heardly but that's okay:) I love Sister Potter and
we had a good time. Our church has a ping pong table so we literally
played for 2 hours. I didn't keep score but I'm pretty sure that I won,
but hey we don't play competitive games on the mission :) I actually
brought up the devotional that Burdick shared with me called Live
Right. It's so good so if you haven't listened to it, I would recommend
when you have time :) I can send it to you too haha! It was good to get
to talk to her though and just hangout for a minute. I thought about
bringing some stuff up but it just wasn't worth it ya know? Anyways,
exchanges always take up the majority of the day so when we got back it
was literally time for dinner. We had a fun little English class tonight
but other than that it was pretty slow not gonna lie. We do have this
thing going with our zone for sacrament attendance, it's a long story
but basically Sister Parrish and I are representing the zone for
sacrament meeting attendance. Recently it's just been Helmer and Cici
but sometimes Cici is hit or miss. Tonight we reminded Helmer but he
said he had to work, he just got a new job too. I was feeling so
defeated not only because I really wanted Helmer to come (and he needs
to if he wants to be baptized!) But also for this challenge! Sister
Parrish and I said a prayer right at 9pm that he would be able to make
it. After our prayer we decided we needed to celebrate the 24th duh!
Unfortunately we didn't have a horseshoe tournament but we did have some
sparklers so us and the Elders had some fun with those. We had so many
thanks to Julie and Sister Parrishs mom. We only did them for a minute
because guess who had to prepare a talk?? This girl...again. I've been
working on it all week but today when I was looking over it, I hated it
and it didn't feel good. So when we got back, I stayed up wayyyy too
late and rewrote my talk. Anyways, that's all for tonight! I hope that
the 24th was food for you guys! I got an email from Brittans grandpa and
it said thay Christian is pretty good at horseshoes I guess haha! I
love and miss you guys! 
SUNDAY
I'm
just gonna have to call today uma dia abençoada!! For one by some
miracle I wasn't too tired this morning and was able to get going pretty
easy. I was still stressed about my talk though and was still making
adjustments as I walked out the door for branch counsel. This morning we
had to set up some translation equipment for sacrament and guess what I
heard?? HELMER FREAKING WALKED IN!! Our prayer last night was 100%
heard and he came to church. I don't know how he did it but he was able
to come to church today and he even stayed for both hours. Our friend
Cici also came! That's 2 for 2 mom! We definitely had a full house too,
I'm telling you! Bênçãos! I also had to give my talk today. I totally
butchered it! It's like I don't even know how to read but it's fine.
Guess what else happened today? One of our youth that's super inactive
came to church! It was so cool to see her at church! :) After church
always goes by so fast and before I know it I have to eat dinner and get
to cleaning. We clean on Sundays during our dinner break so we don't
have to on Mondays. Tonight for pros was a first for me. Are you ready
for this? I KNOCKED MY FIRST DOOR!! Well it was a less active but
still!! It was so much fun to be outside and just walk and knock on
these doors. We stopped at 4 people houses and 1 actually answered! It's
the granddaughter of our dear Irmã Fatima. She even invited us in to
talk for a little bit. She's young and she seemed a little nervous but I
really hope we can stay in contact with her :) When we came back the
rest of the night just flew by. When 9pm hit Sister Parrish and I
decided to have a little dance session. There's some more videos in the
drive for you haha! It was cut short due to a zone Sister call tonight
haha! That was fun but a little chaotic too. The Haitian Criole sisters
are hilarious though haha! But now I'm here, typibg this all up for ya. I
hope you didn't get too bored reading this week! I missed you this week
so I hope you had some fun for me! I love you tobthe moon and back!
I can't wait to talk to you tomorrow!