Tuesday, July 27, 2021

I was down at Lisa Van Rooyen's house today checking in on her (you know, as a Relief Society President does) and to extend a call to her to come work with us in Relief Society. We were just finishing up and I was getting ready to stand and hug her when my phone started ringing. When I looked down, my heart started to race and tears immediately welled up in my eyes. I asked Lisa if she would mind me taking the call because it is Tuesday. And missionaries don't call home on Tuesdays. And that is who was calling. Sister Garcia was making my phone buzz with a video call. 

When I answered I immediately asked "why are you calling me on a Tuesday?" and Sister Garcia just grinned and grinned and grinned. And then she said that she received an email saying it was okay to proceed with steps 6 and 10 of her Brazil visa application. Tears filled my eyes, I gave Lisa a hug, and headed to the car to  head home.

The next 15 minutes of this call were spent talking through the process and going over the email she had received. I pulled out her VISA file that I have been saving since she started the home CTM. It holds all the documents in it that will need to be sent downtown to mission travel. And as I hung up the call and started working on her online application, tears streamed down my face. I am not ready to lose her to another country! I am still trying to get all the sadness and broken heartache I have been feeling so heavy lately under control and she is just on the East side of the country right now! How am I going to process any of this with her in Brazil?!

It's funny really. I was just talking to Lisa this morning saying how grateful I am that I will be able to get Christian sent off next week to Africa and that I was hopeful to get used to the idea of him being in another country before I have to send another one (Kaitlyn) out of the country here. I guess the Lord is ready for her now, and He will be so proud of her and what she will do there, but I am not ready. But then I am nudged with a reminder of "in His timing, not mine". 

I have everything filled out with the exception of one line item on her application. I sit here now waiting for a response on an email reply sent with direction on how to proceed. Heart is racing, head is spinning a little bit, and my tears burn from crying. But I would never let her know. Instead, I will carry a smile on my face (because I am super excited for her honestly) and celebrate today and the anticipation of being able to get to her original call of Recife. This missionary mom gig is HARD. So hard. And the emotions are constantly in full swing. Ever changing. I don't know how long a VISA process will take or when she will ready to fly out of the MBM, but for now I reminded her to ready her Winter boots (and all the cold gear we purchased for her) to come home. She won't need them afterall. And for that alone I can't help but smile from ear to ear! 

It's like sending her out all over again only this time I don't actually get to hug her goodbye when she will leave the airport out of Boston. I am a bawling mess as I realize what I just typed! Who will hug her goodbye? Who will ensure she has everything she needs and that she is good? Who will tell her "I love you" as she heads through security? This is one more growing pain that I will wander through and will work my feelings through. I am so thrilled it is her turn finally. And I love that she will get almost a whole year of her original call. Now...on to make sure all the documents that will need to be mailed downtown are clipped together so when the final piece of info is filled out on her application, it can be on its way.

From Salt Lake to Boston and now Boston to Brazil. I love you for forever and for always,

Mom

you can see her smile...and you can see my tears and mustering of trying to keep it together. I couldn't be more proud nor excited but I also can't hide the fact that sending her to Brazil is going to break my heart. On to the next phase of this Covid crazy mission for this girl of mine.


Popular posts from this blog

Mom's Talk: Sunday, July 10, 2022

Week 1 Email: I have a new Mom