Week 25 Email: The One With A Fire?
From: Kaitlyn.garcia@missionary.org
Date: Monday, July 5, 2021
Subject: The One With A Fire?
Oi gente!
Happy 4th of July
yesterday and Happy Cape Verdian Independence Day today! I hope you all
got to see some fireworks and enjoy the sunshine:) A new chapter had
started here in the MBM and the amazing President Brough and his wife
are now my mission president. It was sad to see President and Sister
Mavromatis go, but I'm excited for the change and to see what's to come!
This week was full of miracles and smiles, being a missionary is pretty
great :)
- Last Monday I
decided to try my hand at making some tamales! Definitely not a
português thing but they sounded good and I was up for the challenge
haha! I think they were pretty okay for my first time :)
-
Sister Parrish and I got to go over to sweet Irmã Fatima's house this
week! She's so sweet and loves the missionaries too :) Members are so
important in this work and she is truly an example of missionary work,
just without the badge ;)
- On Wednesday we had
our final meeting with President and Sister Mavromatis! So so sad! It
was so bittersweet to hear all their memories from the MBM. We did learn
that President Mavromatis' first purchase is going to be an Xbox so he
can play a flight simulator game haha! #eyeofthetiger
-
Crazy story! This week we had the fire alarm go off I our apartment
complex. Sister Parrish and I thought it was just a test (they've been
doing tests on then recently) so we sat here for a minute until we heard
just about a million footsteps outside! Needless to say, my district
sat out in the rain for about 15 minutes until until just called it a
false alarm. Glad we got the alarms tested haha! :)
-
We had a miracle! We have this friend named Francisco and man does he
work haha! He never really has time for much but he made it to church
yesterday! How rad is that?! God truly works miracles :)
Spiritual Thought
Recently
I've been thinking a lot just about the nature of Jesus Christ. There
are some really great scriptures in second Nephi that repeatedly say
that His hand is outstretched to us. So amazing! But as the week has
gone on I've been pondering on a quote, "You have the Savior of the
world on your side, how can you fail?" The Lord has always and will
continue to always want us to succeed! It's not in His nature to just
pick up and leave us. He is SEMPRE conosco. I find myself and I'm sure
you do too, questioning what's the worst that could happen? Or can I
just take a simpler way? Why are we so afraid to just take the jump? The
literal Savior of the World is on our side, the worst that can happen
is that we fall and HE lifts us back up. So this week, TAKE THE JUMP!
Put your trust in Him and know that He is always, always on your side
:)
Thank you for all
your sweet emails and messages every week! They truly make my day and I
love to know how you're all doing! Your love is felt all the way out
here in Pawtucket Rhode Island :) I hope you all feel my love too! Let
me know if there's anything I can do for you! Have the greatest week!
Amo vocês!
Beijos,
Sister Garcia
Also! Here's my address in case you want to send me any letters ;)
75 S. Union Street Apt. 310
Pawtucket, RI 02860
Fotos!
- Tamales!
- Taking on the rain while the fire alarm went off
- Some patriotic waffles to celebrate the 4th of July obviously ;)
- Just a pretty sunset!
![]() |
| Just a pretty sunset! |
![]() |
| Tamales! |
![]() |
| Some patriotic waffles to celebrate the 4th of July obviously ;) |
![]() |
| Taking on the rain while the fire alarm went off |



