Week 26: The One With Elsa

From: Kaitlyn.garcia@missionary.org
Date: Monday, July 12, 2021
Subject: The One With Elsa

Oi gente! Tudo bem? 
Elder Mons, my district leader, always says 'tudo bem' with a weird accent so now when I type it I say it in my head like that haha! This week was just too good! The area is picking up and 2 of our friends are really just making big strides. Not only only but we also finally got to meet President Brough and his family! But before I get too ahead of myself, here's my highlights :) 

- We had so so many spirit filled lessons this week! It blew my mind just how many people were willing to meet with us but also kept their commitment :) 
- We had Zone Conference! I know we just had Zone Conference but this was our first time meeting our new Mission President, President Brough. Him and his family clearly love this gospel and I don't think I've ever met anyone so humble. I'm so excited to get to learn from him and have him as my (second) mission President 
- We had an AMAZING lesson with our friend Helmer this week! It was so cool to get to see the Spirit work with him. He had a lot of questions but he's so open to the message and by far our most progressing friend :) 
- We were put in lock down for 24 hours due to tropical storm Elsa coming our way, luckily we didn't have any damage done just a literal TON of rain! 
- Sister Parrish and I went to a member lesson this week and I got to play with the smallest dog I think I've ever seen! Sorry I didn't get any picture of that one, you'll just have to trust me ;) 

Spiritual Thought 
This week, as I said before was so filled with the Spirit! If I didn't have a testimony of the Holy Ghost before, I do now! Haha! However my thought this week comes from something President Brough shared with us. We were talking about how we can better be obedient, not just to the Standards but to the Lord as well. One thing he mentioned was Satan's constant attack on us. The Adversary is CONSTANTLY trying to lead us astray and to influence us. The world we live in is sprinkled with his influence, but there's hope! We have the amazing gift of the gospel in our lives! It doesn't matter if we've done something wrong, it can be fixed through the Atonement. Yes, we all make mistakes but what matters more than that is when we make a mistake, we fix it and get back in the fight! Everyday is a fight and if we hold tight to this (AMAZING!) gospel, we will come out on top :) 

The weeks just keep getting quicker and quicker! I just wanted to tell you all how grateful I am for you! You guys are truly amazing :) I hope you all are enjoying your summer and have some fun plans, go soak up some sun for me! Let me know of there's anything I can do you! 
Amo vocês! 

Beijos,
Sister Garcia 
 
Fotos!!
Irmã Fatima made us yet another GIANT bolo and the biggest plate of rice I've ever eaten
Zone Conference with the Brough's!
We attempted to make couscous and it was pretty alright I'd say :)
Irmã Fatima made us yet another GIANT bolo and the biggest plate of rice I've ever eaten
A really pretty rainbow after some crazy rain! (Don't look too closely at the dirty windows haha!)


Popular posts from this blog

Week 1 Email: I have a new Mom