Week 27 Email: The One With 6 Months!?
From: Kaitlyn.garcia@missionary.org
Date: Monday, July 19, 2021
Subject: The One With 6 Months!?
Bom dia todos!
How the heck are
you guys!! This week was jam packed full of lessons, meetings, lots of
pictures, and so many memories. This past week I also hit my 6 month
mark mark the mission! How crazy is that?! I only have about a year left
on the mission! It's such a weird feeling not gonna lie haha! I do know
that I love being a missionary and these past 6 months have been
amazing :)
- Sister Parrish made some BOMB feijoada! She's basically a brasileira now ;)
-
We had two really awesome member lessons this week and Irmã Fatima even
made us couscous com leite. It sounds weird but jusr Google Cape
Verdian couscous ;)
- Sister Parrish and I learned
a Brazilian trava linga (tongue twister) and not gonna lie it's wayyyy
easier than 'She sells sea shells by the sea shore'
-
We had really awesome lessons with our friend named Helmer! He's
progressing super well and has the most open heart I've ever seen:) if
you could keep him in your prayers that would be super rad :)
-
We had our first in person English class this week! She was so kind and
even gave us some Feijoada to go and some yogurt drink things haha! The
cape verdian people are the most kind people I've ever met
-
Our friend CiCi came to church yesterday! She's starting to come more
consistently and she even stays for second hour :) This week though I
had to go help with the youth classes so I missed out on that but the
youth here are amazing
Spiritual Thought
This
one is kinds just a general recap of the past 6 months haha! Missionary
work is hard, but the good times far outweigh the bad times. The amount
of memories I've made in a short 6 months are memories I'll cherish
forever :) The spirit of a mission is lile nothing I've ever experienced
and can't even begun to explain to you guys. I do know com certeza that
this is truly the Lord's work. EVERYTHING is on His time table and we
are merely just tools to push this work along. Recently I've been loving
2 Nephi 27. If you have time I would go and give it a quick little read
;) It talks about the restoration of the church quite a but and this
week it really just hit me. Every single one of us is playing a part in
the restoration of the church today! How amazing is that?!
Thanks
for always taking the time to read these emails every week and for
writing me, it truly makes my week! :) You guys are all so amazing and I
hope you all have the best week! Let me know if there's anything I can
do for you guys this week. Remember that the church is true, the Book is
blue, and I love you!
Beijos!
-Sister Garcia![]() |
A little self care Sunday:) |
![]() |
Our faces after 9pm haha! |
![]() |
Cute Sister Parrish :) |
![]() |
Super yummy smoothie bowl I had ;) |
![]() |
UNO pizzeria to celebrate 1 year left on the mission (and Elder Burdick has 1 month left haha!) |
![]() |
| UNO 1 year left!!! |
![]() |
| UNO Pizzeria |






