Week 28: The One With Tye Dye
From: Kaitlyn.garcia@missionary.org
Date: Monday, July 26, 2021
Subject: The One With Tye Dye
Oi gente! Como vai?? This week was jam packed of so many
things! We love when that happens ;) Not only that but it was the 24th!
I hate to say it but most of the missionaries here in the MBM are from
Utah so it was still a big deal all the way out here in Rhode Island ;)
We had so many tender mercies and miracles happen this week too, just
another testament that this truly is the Lord's work! Alright this
week's is linger so just bear with me :)
-We had district pday! We played some intense games of chair soccer and ate some Mexican food that was too good!
-Sister Parrish and I tye dyed some shirts to really get into the summer time vibes out here in Rhode Island
-This
week we left early for service and instead of going in early we really
tested our português knowledge with a test from the CTM haha!
- We had a super amazing lesson with our stellar friend Helmer! God really does prepare people for this work :)
-
We've been going to parks and the roof of our apartment complex a LOT
for our finding efforts and it's been so nice to get out but man does
the humidity make my hair a frizz ball!
- We had
exchanges this week! The STL's got to come from Boston to Rhode Island
this time and we had a blast! Sister Potter and I had a killer gospel
conversation over an even killer game of ping pong ;)
-
Helmer and CiCi both came to church! Woot woot! We had such a good
sacrament turnout this week! I also had to give a talk yesterday and it
was more people than I expected haha! But hey, I'll take it if that
means people are coming to church
Spiritual Thought
This
week I've studied so many things thanks to having to prepare a talk
haha! While I was studying one of the things that really stuck with me
all week was this quote from Elder José A. Teixeira, "A fúria dos ventos
e das tempestades de Satanás nos açoitam hoje, mas não terão poder para
nos arrastar ao abismo se depositarmos nossa confiança no lugar mais
seguro — em nosso Redentor." And now again in English haha! It's way
simpler in Português though ;) "Satan’s mighty winds and storms are
beating upon us, but they will have no power to drag us down if we put
our trust in the safest place—in our Redeemer." I just LOVE this quote!
The Saviors arms have always been open, He has never closed them to us,
to anyone. He is our safe place and we must turn to Him and trust in
Him if we even want a fighting chance against Satan.
You
did it! You made it through another email from Sister Garcia haha!
Vocês são incríveis! I hope you all have the best week and are enjoying
the last little bit of summer! It's going by so fast! Go out and do
something fun for me, maybe just go swimming because I can't haha! ;) I
hope you have the best week!
Amo vocês!
Beijos!






