Email from Mom: August 29, 2021
To: Kaitlyn.garcia@missionary.org
From: ME!
Date: Sunday, August 29, 2021
Subject: I love you
Hey,
How are you? How is Salem MA??? I was looking
earlier at how long you were in Pawtucket and it was since April!!! Holy
cow. Did it feel that long for you? How is your new companion? How are
you adjusting?
Talk to me....how are you
feeling with knowing that your visa has been approved? Have you had a
chance to let your Mission President know?
Okay...so
I didn't have a very eventful week. Like hardly at all. I was going
through my photos on my phone to see if I had anything fun to send and
you know what is pathetic? I had one picture the entire week that was
new on my camera roll. And I sent it to you in the Facebook message
thing. The one with all the drinks and me saying I have a drinking
problem! That is a pretty lame week if you ask me. Literally nothing
going on that I wanted to snap a photo of. :/
B
has school pictures tomorrow so we ended up at Tilly's today (I
know...Sabbath...) to get a pair of jeans and then she found a couple of
shirts so I am not 100% sure what she will choose for her pictures but I
am excited nonetheless. She got the golf cart taken away (out wayyyy
past dark) and she is going to have a couple of days sans Cutler and
friends. She is hardly ever home anymore and I don't love love that so I
am going to have a couple of days where just her and I spend some time
together doing. Tyler is headed to Wyoming in the morning because his
hunt opens on the 1st. That will give me and B some time. She was
contemplating moving down to your room and making it hers but I think in
the end she has decided to stay where she is and just order new bedding
and stuff. Maybe that will entice her to want to hang out? I can hope.
I
am hopeful that while Tyler is gone I can get Christian's room put back
together and organize the kitchen downstairs. I need to also run a load
or two of laundry in the set in the basement too. I don't know if it
would just be easier to have Tyler unhook them or to use them every
other week??? Something to figure out. I want to organize the kitchen so
that when we host people the paper plates, paper utensils, serving
platters, etc are all in the cabinets and a quick reach. I think it will
work out nice but maybe who knows. I have been doing some rearranging
and it feels good. Something new you know? The blue hutch by the front
door now houses all my Scentsy smells and are quite organized and lovely
to look at. You have to open the doors to see them so they aren't
obnoxious like decor wise so it works. At least for now anyways. Ha!! I
also am starting to get Fall decor out. I haven't decorated since
Christmas around here and I think it will be good for all of us here to
have some sort of normal come back into play. It does seem a tad
overwhelming doing it without you and Christian helping so it may take a
couple of days to actually accomplish it all.
I
got all of your stuff from your bedroom shipped off to you on Saturday.
The gal told me that it should be to you by Wednesday the 1st. I will
watch the tracking number on my end too. It is still so crazy to me that
you could literally be on a plane in like 2 weeks time! What does that
do to your whole self??? From what I can gather on the Facebook Brazil
Mom page thing, the Mission President gets the passport and travel plans
for the missionary and the travel plans are like 10-14 days out is all
from when your visa is approved. One lady had both of her sons arrive in
the Recife North mission within the last 2 weeks and they are loving
it. I don't know what Covid stuff looks like but you will have to have a
mask to travel anyways. :/ Lame!!! I also don't know what travel looks
like. I am SO glad you have travelled in the past and aren't afraid to
ask for help. Some of the Mom's have said that their kids literally just
got on a plane and had the MP waiting for them in Brazil. Once you know
details I can toss it out on that page and ask if anyone else has kids
flying the same time you are. Did you get sheets and stuff packed with
you or is that something you will need on arrival? I couldn't remember
all the things and what we had decided you would wait for etc. Let me
know if you know?
Anyways, I know this is a
late email received tonight and I am sorry. Even though lack of photos
and feeling like I did little, my desk top is a DISASTER and looks like a
bomb went off (it has stuff literally everywhere), the floor in the
office is a maze (going through cabinets and throwing stuff away), I had
to pull out my big printer for a project B had due for school tomorrow,
and I am so tired today for some reason? So...I am sorry I didn't sit
down earlier and recap things and check in. Just know that I love you
oodles. I miss you and am thinking of you always. I hope you are happy
and well and that Salem is treating you to something new and fun. I
can't wait to check in with you tomorrow.
I love you for forever. To the moon and back always,
Mom