Email from Mom: Saturday, August 21, 2021

To: Kaitlyn.garcia@missionary.org
From: Mom
Subject: This week is OVER! (almost)

Hey!
How are you? How is the weather there? You guys get pummeled by rain and hurricane madness or have you been able to have it skirt around you and miss you entirely? I just keep thinking that the mission as a whole for you has been such a run...you have experienced SO much in such a short amount of time! My prayer is that you are safe, warm, have everything you need, and that the weather doesn't get too crazy.
How is Helmer? (Yep, still love to just type his name!) Things still progressing and moving forward or is he going to make you have gray hair long before you are due to have it for reals? ;) How is cute Jaden? I was telling Dresden and Jurni all about him. Jurni says "but is he cute?" I about died laughing so I showed her a picture of him and she says "he's cute but like how young is he because I am so much older than him". What even?? I just laughed and Dresden giggled himself pretty good too. How is your new Brazil couple? Are they members or taking lessons? I can't remember...I am a little overwhelmed with mission stuff at the moment and trying to keep it all straight is getting the better of me.
I haven't had much 'access' to Christian like I have you and that has been super hard for me. Our conversation last Monday was hard and after not sleeping well for 2 days I finally sat down and wrote him an email and shared what I could straight from my heart. He doesn't have access to the Facebook often so I can send a message but he won't see it or react to it for daaaayyyyyssss. He rarely posts on his Google photos but when he does I just am so glad to see that he hasn't fallen off the face of the Earth! I hope he had a good Zone Conference experience and I am excited to hear from him on Monday.
Kaden White's Mom (Heather Smith) has been so funny this week. He flew to his mission (Austin TX) this week and I have been trying to keep her positive and upbeat as a support. She is a rockstar and is trying to make the most out of all of it but she is hurting. It is hard to watch knowing that I have a situation similar with an ex that isn't supportive of the church and the kids' choices in the church. Anyways, she sent the cutest text yesterday and just wanted me to be sure to pass on that she has you in her thoughts and prayers. She reminds me that you guys are both amazing  being called outside of the US because she knows that Kaden wouldn't do so well and she knows that she wouldn't be able to send a kid outside of the US. I just laugh at comments like that because ultimately in the end, you are the better person and the Lord knows it and so He sends you where He needs you and as a Mom, I just have to figure out how to deal with it! HA HA HA.
Then I watch with your visa stuff, this weather thing doesn't sit real well with my heart, and just having you gone is hard. :) I just miss having you all home, the noise that comes from the basement, listening to friends come in and out of the house, etc. It is such a weird feeling at home. Especially when Brookyln is at school. So empty and weird! But not like when you guys were home and at school...at least you would come home at the end of the day you know? And I am quickly learning just how often I go to text you or Christian still. You'd think I would learn by now but I can't seem to for some reason or another. :/
You'll have to remind me on Monday when we get to chat to fill you in on the Riddle bs that played out this week. And I have chewed my poor fingernails to literal nubs and they are killing me so I need some suggestions on how to make them feel better and grow?? Anxiety got the better of me and my poor fingers are paying the price. I did get polish on them today and robbed the cuticle serum from Olive and June out of the bathroom downstairs and will start putting that on regularly for the next week or so to see if I can revive them but wowza...they are so tender. Even shampoo'ing in the shower hurts them to have them up against my scalp. And let's not even talk about not being able to scratch anything! Seriously lame around here.
I hope this week has been good and productive. I hope you have found peace and happy along the way and more than anything I hope that you can feel the love of your Savior and your Mom here at home in Herriman. I think of you always and love you more than you will ever know. I can't wait to hear from you this next week.
I love you to the moon and back, forever and for always,
Mom

Popular posts from this blog

Mom's Talk: Sunday, July 10, 2022

Week 1 Email: I have a new Mom