Email Home: Monday, August 16, 2021

From: Kaitlyn.garcia@missionary.org
To: MOM!!!
Subject: 7...7....7..... 

Hey hey hey! How was your week? Como foi?! Also I need to apologize in advance, I had like no time to write this week so I did most of it on Sunday, so I hope it makes sense haha! Also u decided that I'm gonna take some advice from President Brough and really focus on my missionary purpose this transfer. With that being said, I'm just gonna put pictures on the drive either Sunday night or on Monday morning. He said it's the little things that distract us the most so I'm trying my best to find the little things:) I love you and can't wait to talk to you today but before I get too far into it, I gotta do your email first:) 
- The new transfer is good! It has a lot of potential so I'm excited:) 
- Helmer...man does he mess with my emotions! One minute he wants to be baptized and then next week doesn't and the next he wants to postpone it. It's just a lot 
- I did get the stuff for Jayden! Thank you! he's seriously gonna love it! I need to give it to him next time we meet :) 
- Also thank you thank you for the package! You seriously didn't need to! 
- I did respond to the travel people but I honestly think it's just a robot haha! Vamos ver o que vai acontecer
- She's funny about her clothes! He sent me some pictures and asked for my thumbs up and thumbs thumbs opinion. I'm glad the jeans are in style though, I love those jeans 
- You guys and the Miller's should have a TV show haha! I'm glad you giysvhave friends that are willing to do stuff like that and are jusr solid eggs :) 
- Once you get to know people behind closed doors, everything changes that's for sure. Is there anything I can do? 
- How are you feeling about school starting? How's B feeling?
- I'm excited tobhear about your upcoming week and all you get together! I think it'll be super fun :) 
- Tyler looks so skinny! 
- Fun fact, I have that last picture you sent me and have used it on my story ;) 
Alright now onto my week, sorry they're so short this week! 
MONDAY 
How is pday already over?! I always feel like pday is low-key more stressful than any other day. I have to make sure I don't forget anyone and that I get all my stuff done:) Anyways, we somehow got another district pday so we did a little BBQ-ing outside and then we all headed to Savers to see what we could find. Nothing too crazy honestly, I've learned that everything is too big and nothing comes in my size out here. I guess that's a good thing though because that means I don't spend money;) Mons did find these super rad champion sweats though that I'm sad don't fit me because I would've gotten them 100%. It was super fun just to hangout with everyone one last time before they go home. Nothing too crazy happened tonight honestly. We did help a young woman get signed up for girls camp and I learned that girls camp is super intense out here haha! It was good though and she got it all done:) Man do I miss you! Getting to talk to you is such a highlight of my week and I love knowing what's going on with you:) I hope you have the best week! I love and miss you! πŸ’—
TUESDAY 
This morning started off bright and early with a missionwide meeting. President Brough said that we wants to start doing these meetings every week to help us and keep us motivated. I'm pretty pumped :) He had some really cool insights and it was a great way to start the morning so I'm looking forward to getting to do that every week. Today we spent some time updating addresses for members on our spreadsheet because so many have moved back to cape Verde. So many people don't like it here I'm learning haha! We also stopped by a less actives house! Woot woot! She's super quite but I'm determined to get her to at least trust us a little bit, I think some people are really apprehensive talking to us because we're just two white girls. I don't know, we're gonna keep trying:) Today we also got a message from our friend CiCi saying that she had something for the Elders because they're leaving. How sweet is that?! We stopped by her house and got to chat with her for a minute. She's just super cute and has the biggest heart ever! Speaking of the elders, they passed us two of their friends! They're a married couple that started off as an English class but then turned into the gospel as well. We had such a good pass off lesson with them! They're Brazilian so I already love them! ;) But really they're so sweet and have such open hearts and minds so I'm pumped to get to teach them. It was sad though to know that the elders were saying goodbye to them, such a bittersweet moment for sure. Hopefully we can keep helping them with English and learn the gospel:) I love you forever and miss you! πŸ’—
WEDNESDAY 
Well today was the day. Transfer day! Except, I'm staying here haha! It was sad though to say goodbye to all the elders going home. I also didn't get to say goodbye to Sister Hull or Sister G so hopefully the elders gave them my letters haha! One day thats gonna be me. How sad is that?! We should've taken one last picture together or something but it just didn't work out. It's okay though because I got my transfer journal haha! Today we also had service! It's been getting pretty warm here and the humidity is on another level. We were inside but I was sweating so much that my jeans were getting baggy because they were just wet. How gross is that?! Anyways, today was pretty boring not gonna lie. I was sad I didn't get to go to transfers and say hey or goodbye to everyone but it is what it is. We got to meet the new PO elders too! Ones from Brasil so that's rad :) I don't know hardly anything about them though so that'll be interesting. Mons also got his new trainee again too haha! He seems pretty nice. This transfer is gonna be an interesting one for sure but I'm excited for it! Last night ibhad a dream about you :) Hopefully the elders can figure all their stuff out ;) I hope you had the best day! πŸ’—
THURSDAY 
Alright so we broke our own rule...Sister Parrish and I have a rule to never go to the same food place twice. Well we had weekly planning today and we broke that rule. We went back to La Fruta Loca and I got a smoothie bowl. 10/10 would recommend to a friend. It was so hot today too! We sat up on the roof and I tried to work on my tan but I was sweating so much I don't even know if anything happened haha! We wrapped up our planning and headed to our lesson with Any! She's so hard because she's been taught for 8 years... what the heck am I supposed to do?! Her mom is a member and actually had a scripture she wanted to share and talk about. It worked out pretty well and was a cool lesson to get to hear her thoughts as well. It makes me wonder though how many different lesson plans she's had. Anyways, today we also had to go on a hunt for a mini badge template. Our friend CiCi has a son and last time we were there he told us that he wanted a tag like us so he could work with us. We found one and made a make shift badge to give him in our lesson today. It was the cutest reaction ever! It seriously made my heart melt! He also was an absolute g and brought up some questions about heaven and was a perfect Segway to the plan of Salvation. It was such a good lesson:) Jayden is the cutest and it was so cool to get to hear how younger kids see the gospel. Such a cool lesson and now he really is a missionary ;) 
FRIDAY 
Today was the day! First off 7 months in the mission field feels too good to be true! I feel like I just got out here. How do you feel about it? But today was finally the day that we went to PV Donuts! This place has been on our list to go foreverrrrrr. We finally decided to order ahead and pull the trigger. It's closed on Monday and we can't go during the actual day so we played it smart and ordered for pickup at 8am. We got there and were home by 8:30am for planning like nothing even happened :) It was tooooo good! If we ever come back here for any reason we have to go okay?? It's an experience for sure! Today was also the first District Counsel of the transfer! This transfer is a little different with not many changes yet, but we have a pretty new district. I'm super excited to see what this transfer holds :) Tonight we had a member present lesson with a gray dot that had a baptismal date in the past. Woot woot! She was super sweet and we had such a good conversation just about how the Lord knows everything and even a pandemic can't stop His love for us. IrmΓ£ Odete came in clutch too and bore a super strong testimony. I love that woman with my whole heart :) Tonight we also had English class. Not my most favorite thing, but what can you do :) It started with quite a few people and then they slowly started to drop off until it was just one guy thag gives me the creeps. He looks kinda like a hamster too so it's just weird vibes all the way around haha! It was good though and it ended our night pretty well. I did have a massive stomach ate from all the donuts that I ate today haha! We each got three and then cut them all in half so I could try Sister Parrish's and vice versa. Just listen to these flavors! Maple Waffle, Brookie, Cup of Dirt, PB&J, Cake Batter, and Carrot Cake. It was super yummy but man did it hurt me haha! Worth it though, the pictures are coming haha! I hope you're having the best week! I love you! πŸ’—
SATURDAY 
Saturday! How is it Saturday already?! I swear it was just Wednesday. This week is flying by! I honestly feel like missions just fly by. I also feel like Saturdays like during the day is the slowest day ever and it's so hard to fill haha! It might just be me but it's so hard to find things to do sometimes. Today we actually had a pretty productive day. We knocked on a few doors and tried to get in contact with a few less actives. We did find one! He's been a member forever but had been inactive for just as long. He is definitely on the spectrum though so I wonder if that has anything to do with it. He was so sweet though and was shocked that we knew his name haha! It was fun to get to talk to him for a minute. Today we also had a meeting with the FB sisters. You heard that right, guess who's a FB admin again.... this girl. Except this time it's for the portuguΓͺs page. It doesn't seem too bad now so that's good, they worked out a LOT of kinks which is a huge bΓͺnΓ§Γ£o! I'm excited to take it over but also I thought I was free from admin stuff haha! Today I wore this outfit that gave me major Mamma Mia vibes! That's such a good movie and the music is also just so good for those movies haha! Tonight we finally had a lesson with our friend Francisco too! He had so many questions for us and it was so cool to get to answer them but also to get to testify to him. He's been to church a lot recently and has been super impressed. He also said that he would feel good getting baptized into our church! Say what?! Anyways, super awesome lesson but what wasn't as awesome is how many bug bites I got! My right leg is COVERED and itches like none other. I think it's my lotion or something because Man oh man haha! Worth it for the lesson but also so not worth it ;) I hope that you had the best Saturday! πŸ’—
SUNDAY 
Man whatta day! Well really whatta week. If I'm being honest, I had like no time this week to type this for you so everything you're reading I typed today haha! Hopefully it all makes sense and works:) Today was a typical Sunday honestly, nothing too crazy out here Pawtucket. We didn't have a great turnout at church today so that was a bummer but it worked out, we had 2 friends so that was good! Helmer came and told us that he wants to wait a little bit longer to be baptized. It's hard because he's so ready but he's also changing his mind like everyday so it's hard to know what's even happening. I don't know, we're just gonna roll with the punches. We also had a classic Sunday school with IrmΓ£ Joana haha! It was crazy honestly, I just have to sit there and shake my head because I know if I say anything, she's just gonna fight with me. Today we also got the news that we need to start wearing masks again if we can't maintain social distances. Lame! I was enjoying being normal honestly. Today was full of studies, English class, and making some brownies for our new friends from the elders:) Pros was really the highlight though! We got to go have a lesson I person with our new friends Tatiane and Everton! I LOVE them! They're from Brasil so their accent is my most favorite thing but they're also just the sweetest people I've ever met. We had such a good time going over some things in English with them but also getting into a little bit of a study. The spirit was so strong and I realized just how much missionaries carry the spirit. It's so rad! It was such a fun lesson and so good to get to know them too:) Not only that but they also got us coxinhas! You're kidding me! We brought them back and I got to try it! Brazilian food, tope de mais! It was so so good! Their lesson took the majority of the night na verdade but it was totally worth it and they're just the sweetest family ever. They have two young kids but they only played the game with us haha! It's okay though, we're new people to them so I figured they wouldn't want much to do with us just yet ;) Man being a missionary is just the coolest! I love getting to meet all the different people and just get to speak another language and actually understand and hold a conversation, how rad is that?! Anyways, I can't wait to talk to you tomorrow! Amo vocΓͺ! πŸ’—

Popular posts from this blog

Mom's Talk: Sunday, July 10, 2022

Week 1 Email: I have a new Mom