Phone Call Home: Monday, August 23, 2021


I think I always knew it was going to happen. I guess I just wasn't really ready to admit it and have it play out in front of me ACTUALLY happening....our phone calls just keep getting shorter and shorter. And really I am okay with it because it means that Sister Garcia is thriving and doing her thing but I miss her so much!

This week was a quick recap on Hurricane Henri that got turned into Tropical Storm Henri before it made landfall but it was slated to make landfall right in Rhode Island so I was thrilled to be able to talk to Sister Garcia today! No power loss, they were able to go and do a District Pday at the church to play some basketball (again), and big changes are headed her way.

Sister Garcia is leaving on Wednesday the 25th to Salem, MA! She is going to pink wash (when there haven't been Sisters there before...pink/girl/...get it?!) the area and train (wahoo!) a new missionary headed her way. The new Sister already speaks Portuguese so Sister Garcia said that is the most nervous part of it all. I know she will kill it but I can see the reasoning behind the nerves for sure. 

Things in Pawtucket are moving along so nicely that I cannot begin to imagine the feels that Sister Garcia must be processing in her heart. CiCi is doing good things, you sure can't forget about Jayden, and then there is Helmer. He was set to be baptized yesterday (22nd) but he was apprehensive (he thinks he needs to be perfect before and after he is baptized) and the hurricane canceled church so it didn't happen. But he is still progressing, he is still moving in the right direction, and it is my prayer that he will choose to accept the Gospel and choose to follow the Spirit that Sister Garcia introduced him to and choose the waters of baptism. Sister Garcia says with special permission she would maybe be allowed to go to a baptism for him. I will keep my fingers crossed it all works out! 

We chatted some about how Elder Garcia is doing and Sister Garcia shared that she has him in her prayers. Can you imagine the power behind a missionaries prayers?! I love them both and I love them for the friendship and trust they have in one another. We talked about 8th grade and the teachers Brooklyn has. We laughed about Relief Society callings, and even talked about Brazil a little. Sister Garcia's visa status shows "Under Review" when I log on and not going to lie...I am still okay with that! :) I just love the access and ability to get a hold of her when I need. I know that this will all change when she makes it to Brazil so I am selfish. I do hope that the day will come that Brazil is an option and she is getting onto an airplane to get there. I hope she does not have to Winter back East and instead can Winter in Brazil and the sunshine. 

As we closed our conversations for the day she started to get a little bit of a sad heart. She has been with Sister Parrish now for four (4) months. She has had the same group as a district. The friendships that she has made have started to weigh in on that she is leaving to head to another area. Heck, another state! I am sad for her. And I wish I could take away the pull at her heart she is experiencing. But I am hopeful that these friends of hers become life long and that even if it is just through crappy social media, she is able to stay in touch with them. I know that the Saints in Salem are anxiously awaiting her arrival and I know she will do amazing things. It is much easier for me to say on the outside looking in and I understand that. So, my prayers are for her this week in so many things. As she leaves old friends, old 'safety and security' of members who love her and have taken care of her, as she carries friends she is working with there in Rhode Island on her heart, and as she embarks on this new journey into Massachusetts. I miss my girl. A whole lot. And I am glad she is safe after the scare of the hurricane/tropical storm madness. I am thrilled to hear how this move goes and how she is doing come Monday.

I love you sweet girl. To the moon and back,

Mom

Poolside "I Love You" headed to Sister Garcia!
Hellos to Sister Garcia in the Fizz drive through from me, Tyler, Kynlee, and Brooklyn
Sister Garcia called while I was out with Tyler shooting his new gun. Service was sketchy but it worked enough for the call. Look at her smile, her long old hair, and the glow that she carries through the screen! Ahhhh...I love Mondays!


Popular posts from this blog

Mom's Talk: Sunday, July 10, 2022

Week 1 Email: I have a new Mom