Sent


I found out that I can 'track' the status of Sister Garcia's Visa online and so I have been watching every single morning for the last 15 days. I would enter the information requested (Applicants name and Date of Birth) and for a long time nothing pulled up. But today...Today in GREEN it says it was 'Sent'. Her paperwork has officially left the mission travel office in downtown Salt Lake City!!!

I took a screen shot and sent it off in the Facebook message app to Sister Garcia and her reaction was simply the 'shocked' emoji face. I know it isn't Monday so she can't respond with words but I wonder what her real true and honest feelings are seeing this. I know how I felt and it isn't me who would have to leave where I have been for the last 6 months, I wouldn't have to leave those new friends I have made and the progress made with those as well, and I am also not the one that would have to anticipate a WHOLE NEW COUNTRY either!!! 

For now we wait. For now I will continue to log onto this page each morning and I will watch this process as it moves through. From the Mom of Brazil Missionary page I follow on the Facebook, we process out of the LA Consulate office and with Covid they are really behind so it can take up to 4 months. That would be okay...Sister Garcia would leave back East right as it is getting cold for Winter and be able to arrive in Brazil where it will be warm and the sunshine will keep her spirits high. She will have the opportunity to finish her mission in her original call and hopefully not get 'trunky' towards the end because it will be new and exciting. This missionary mom gig is tricky business and it has all sorts of emotions that play into it every single day. 

Brazil?? Not quite yet but almost...I can feel it,

Mom

Popular posts from this blog

Week 1 Email: I have a new Mom