Week 29 Email: The One With A Treasure Chest

From: Kaitlyn.garcia@missionary.org
Date: Monday, August 2, 2021
Subject: The One With A Treasure Chest

Bom dia! 

I hope you all are doing well and enjoying the last little bit of summer! I can't believe that it's already August?! Time is flying! This week was super busy and full of work but that's just how I like it ;) We had some amazing miracles and huge testimony builders this week as well, but I'll just get straight into the highlights for this week:) 

- Sister Parrish and I found a super cute flower mural here in Rhode Island so of course we took some pictures with it 
- We had interviews with President Brough. He's so inspired and I'm so grateful to have him as my mission President:) He even gave us the good news that we can start knocking on less active members doors! Super rad! 
- At service this week there was a giant treasure chest that was donated and obviously I had to see if I could fit. Drum roll please!!! I didn't fit and it's a pretty fun video haha! 
- We made some super fun member posts this week and I realized just how unique and strong every member is. Everyone's testimonies are so different but that's what makes them so beautiful :) 
- Irmã Fatima is really trying to fatten us up out here haha! She made us brownies and the biggest piece of Pudin (Flan) ever! I thought I was gonna explode! 
- Sister Parrish and I had an amazing miracle with a less active while walking by a members house and it was such a cool experience to see how the Lord really puts people in our paths. 
- We had a super amazing lesson with our friend Helmer! He's so cool and is so open to hearing about the gospel :) if you could keep him in your prayers that would be rad :) 

Spiritual Thought 
This week was full of so so many Spiritual notes haha! One thing that I've really been thinking about is the gift of the Holy Ghost. It's so amazing that the Lord has given us somethibg so special to help us every single day. This week I've seen it more and more just how powerful the Holy Ghost is. The Spirit works on us in so many different ways but if we just allow our hearts to be touched, our lives will change for the better. Moroni 10:5 says that the Holy Ghost makes ALL things known unto us. How crazy is that?! We are all so unique and different yet, we all have the ability to be touched and taught by the Holy Ghost :) 

Thanks for reading this long email this week! I tried to keep it short but it was such a jam packed week! Thanks for all your emails and letters too :) They make my week! I hope you all have the best week and are soaking up the last part of summer! Let me know if there's anything I can do for you:) 

Beijos! 
Sister Garcia
I love Sister Parrish!
My new favorite picture of Christ :)
The super rad flower wall!
 
**It should be noted because of the inability to post and then have printed a video, but there was a video attached to this email of the wild and crazy Sister Garcia literally hiding in the iconic treasure chest she speaks of in her email. Sister Parrish walks up to it and out pops Sister Garcia! She was literally inside of it and they giggled in the video pretty good.**

Popular posts from this blog

Mom's Talk: Sunday, July 10, 2022

Week 1 Email: I have a new Mom