Week 30 Email: The One With 2 Garcia's

From: Kaitlyn.garcia@missionary.org
Date: Monday, August 9, 2021
Subject: The One With 2 Garcia's

Ola todos! Bom dia! Well I hope it's morning for you when you get this haha! This week was so crazy! I feel like I say that every week, but every week on the mission is crazy and full of new adventures. Before I get too far into it, I just wanted to give a shoutout to the BEST Elder down in Africa right now:) Elder Garcia officially made it to his mission this week! He's going to absolutely kill it and I'm so super excited and proud of him :) Alright, alright, I guess I I get into this email now! 

- Sister Parrish and I had the BEST idea to grab some frozen yogurt and boy was it good :) 10/10 would recommend! 
- I've been in New England for about 6 months so I figured it was time to try some New England clam chowder! Again, would highly recommend to anyone and everyone but just make sure it's cool so you don't don't your tongue ;)
- We had some super amazing lessons this week with our friends CiCi and Helmer! If you all could keep Helmer in your prayers that would be rad :) 
- We finally got to meet with Any this week! She's been in Cabo Verde for a fat minute and this week we were able to meet:) Side note: the priesthood is seriously so cool! 
- We had one last District Counsel this week before 3 of our Elders die and go home! So sad! But it's okay because we made up for it by getting Chipotle with them ;) 
- CiCi and her sweet son Jaydan came to church! Not only that, but so did Helmer! Yesterday was so full of miracles I can't even begin to start! :) 
- We got T-texts! Not gonna lie, I was sweating bullets and was so nervous haha! Drumroll please!!!! I'm staying here in Pawtucket WITH Sister Parrish! I'm so excited to stay her and get to still be comps with her:) It's a huge blessing! 

Spiritual Thought 
This week I've been thinking a lot about faith and what faith even is. Faith is different for every single one of us but Elder Holland said this, "In this church, what we know will always true what we do not know. And remember, in this world, everyone is to walk by faith." I can't give a define answer as to what faith is because that's a personal definition. But I I however say that the things we know, give us more faith and help us us grow. Elder Holland also said, "You have more faith than you think you do." EVERYTHING is an act of faith! Everyone single one of us has faith because we all chose to be here on the earth today. Faith is a never ending journey of growing, learning, trusting, and living. That will never change:) 

Thanks for tuning in to another weekly email from Sister Garcia! You guys are all amazing and I can feel your love all the way over here on the East Coast:) I hope you all have the most fantastic week! Let me know if there's anything I can do for you! 

Beijos! 
-Sister Garcia :) 

Here's my address in case you feel so inclined to send me a letter :) I promise I'll write back! 

75 South Union Street 
Pawtucket, Rhode Island 02860
Our stellar friend Helmer
I love this quote about faith!
The real homie Jayden came to church and hung out with us yesterday
Frozen Yogurt!
The clam chowder that was so good it burnt my taste buds ;)

Popular posts from this blog

Mom's Talk: Sunday, July 10, 2022

Week 1 Email: I have a new Mom