Week 31 Email: The One With Donuts
From: Kaitlyn.garcia@missionary.org
Date: Monday, August 16, 2021
Subject: The One With Donuts
Bom dia todos!
It's just me again
on this lovely Monday haha! I hope you all are doing great and that you
had a fantastic week. This week was full of lessons, treats, and bug
bites. I also decided that time on a mission is pretty much non-existent
haha! But it's good and I'm loving every single second out here :)
-
We had one last District pday with the Elders before they go home this
Friday. We didn't do anything too crazy like chair soccer again, but it
was fun to hangout with them :)
- This week we had a
pass off lesson with some of the Elders friends they're working with
and I love them! They're from Brasil too so that's a nice change from
all the Cabo verdianos here
- We had transfers
this week! Not gonna lie it felt a little weird to not go, but we lost
like half of our district so it kinda felt like I did haha!
-
We had such a fun lesson with our friend CiCi and her son Jayden. He
told us that he wanted a badge ao he could work with us. So of course we
made one for him :)
- I hit 7 months?! How is
that even possible?! Mission time is nothing I can even explain. Sister
Parrish and I decided to head over to PV Donuts in Providence to
celebrate. It was probably the best donuts I've ever had! They're crazy
looking too! 100% worth the stomach ache I had haha!
-
We had a lesson this week with one of our friends and we sat outside
because it's been so nice here recently. Little did I know that I would
get one million bug bites haha! Totally worth it though because it was a
great lesson :)
- We had a lesson with our new
friends from the Elders! Their names are Tatiane and Everton and they're
my most favorite people ever! We had such a good lesson with them and
because they're the sweetest people ever, they got us coxinhas to try. I
would recommend, they're so good!
Spiritual Thought
This
week I've been thinking a lot a out faith. Faith had always been
something that's been so hard to explain for me. It finally hit me this
week hard that faith is difficult to explain because it's so drastically
different for all of us. What might be a huge act of faith for me, may
be something so easy for someone else. I was reading in Preach My Gospel
and it says that FAITH is trusting in the Savior and His plan for each
of us. How incredible is it that this simple definition means so many
different things to every person on the earth. The Savior has never
asked much from us except to have faith in Him. There's the classic
verse in Alma 32:21- "And now as I said concerning faith—faith is not to
have a perfect knowledge of things; therefore if ye have faith ye hope
for things which are not seen, which are true." EVERYTHING we do because
of this simple principle of faith. This week I'm gonna be a good
missionary and Invite all of you do exercise a little bit more faith,
whatever that looks like for you:)
Thanks
for reading this week's email! I feel like some weeks they jusr get
longer and longer haha! Thanks for sticking through them though :) Let
me know if there's anything I can do for you guys this week!
Amo vocĂȘs!
Beijos!
-Sister Garcia
![]() |
| 7 Months! |
![]() |
| Look at these donuts! |
![]() |
| PV Donuts! |
![]() |
| Jayden with his new badge :) |



