Week 32 Email: The One With Henri
From: Kaitlyn.garcia@missionary.org
Date: Monday, August 23, 2021
Subject: The One With Henri
Oi gente!
This week has been THE
craziest week of my mission by far! We received some big news this week
too! Stah tuned for the highlights;) And before I get too far into this,
the hurricane that was on the east coast did not damage here! Bênção!
Alright this week is a little longer and crazier crazier I hope you're
ready! :)
- Surprise! We went and got frozen yogurt again haha! In case you wondered, it's still so good :)
-
We saw a FAT bee at service this week and we named him Benny. He didn't
stick around too long but that was okay with everyone haha!
- We had some really amazing lessons and the power of the Book of Mormon is so so powerful :)
- We were put in low key a state of emergency due to Hurricane Henri, what a time to be alive! Haha!
-
We had a super good District Counsel this week and Sister Brough was
able to join us! It was only a little awkward because the first alarm
was being tested haha!
- I got a call that I'm
moving to Salem, MA! I'll be training as well! I'm so excited to but
also so sad to leave little ole Pawtucket. Not only that but I'm sad to
be leaving Sister Parrish and all the people here
-
The day of Hurricane Henri was the weirdest day by far on the mission
but we were safe and nothing happened, just a little rain. The Elders
did have to come check on us though so it kept the day interesting haha!
-
We had the most spiritual lesson with our friend Helmer last night. I
can't even describe how the Spirit works! I promise that if you're open
and willing, the Lord will literally pour our His spirit:)
Spiritual Thought
This
week was too crazy! I'm training say what?! With all the things that
have happened this week one thing that's been hevay on my mind is the
Lord's time. I think I've already done a thought like this but oh well
;) Everything happens for a reason in our lives and that's because it's
all in the Lord's hands. I was reading in the Book of Mormon (claro) and
one thing that really struck me is that even to prophets, the Lord
withholds things. EVERYTHING comes in due time whether we like it or not
;) I'm sad to be leaving the amazing people and friends (and of course
Sister Parrish!) But I do know that this is all in the Lord's hands and
in His time table. The Lord gives us time to grow through what we go
through, and if that means not getting getting answer when we want it,
so be it. I do know though that even when we're waiting for answers and
waiting on the Lord's time, He is always right by our side:)
You
did it! It's the end haha! Thanks for reading these every week and for
all your sweet messages! I'm excited for this adventure in my mission!
Next time you hear from me I'll be in Salem with my daughter! ;) Let me
know if I can do anything for you guys!
Amo vocês!
Beijos!
-Sister Garcia



