Week 33 Email: The One With A Daughter

From: Kaitlyn.garcia@missionary.org
Date: Monday, August 30, 2021
Subject: The One With A Daughter

Well, the mission is never dull! This week was Chuck full of moving, getting to know new people, cleaning up an elders apartment, and so so much more haha! It's also official...I have a daughter! Her name is Sister Soares and she's the cutest! We already get along really well and we're figuring out this area together:) I could keep going but that's what the high lights are for ;) 

- I had to say goodbye to my favorite members and friends this week! Bem triste gente! I know the Lord put me in Pawtucket for a reason and I I so grateful that He did :) 
- Sister Parrish and I made one last treat together and enjoyed some pumpkin whoppie pies 
- I had the most bittersweet day saying goodbye to Sister Parrish and picking up my 'daughter' Sister Soares
- Sister Soares is a native Brazilian and her accent is my FAVORITE! She's already so amazing and she's such a powerful missionary :) 
- We have so many new friends here I Salem! In case you were wondering too, this is in fact a real life Witch Witch and there are Witch tours that happen outside our window haha! 
- Shotgunning an area is a lot going on but the members here are so so helpful! We're in an English ward and they have so many referrals for us it's crazy! 

Spiritual Thought 
This week a ton has been going through my mind and a ton has been happening haha! But one thing that has really stuck with me is just the family that the church brings into our lives. People want a sense of belonging, they want to have that feeling of family. Even though I've moved areas, have a new companion, and all new friends to teach, the one thing that reminded the same this week is church. We we to church and took the sacrament. We talked about Christ and His love for each of us. How crazy is that?! You can go pretty much anywhere in the world and have a family :) I think that's pretty rad. There's a scripture that says when we are knit I unity we are the Lord's. I'd look it up but I don't have much time haha! When we strive to love our neighbors and create a feeling of family and oneness, the Lord will always bless us and bring us comfort:) 


You made it to the end! Thanks for reading this crazy long email this week haha! I'm so grateful for each one of you I my life and for all your sweet words :) I hope you all have the BEST week! Let me know if I can do anything for you! Amo vocês! 

Beijos! 
-Sister Garcia
Last photo with Helmer :)
My Soul Sister :)
Sister Soares!
One last Herriman Gang because the boys left for Canada ;)
The OG district
Irmã Odete


Popular posts from this blog

Mom's Talk: Sunday, July 10, 2022

Week 1 Email: I have a new Mom