Email from Mom: Saturday, September 25, 2021

To: Kaitlyn.garcia@missionary.org
Date: Saturday, September 25, 2021
Subject: Brazil๐Ÿ‡ง๐Ÿ‡ท

Well…I am not entirely sure where to even start so I am going to just say this…holy freaking crap! You are in Brazil!!! I cannot scream that loud enough to have anyone and everyone know just how amazing it is that you are right where your original call was to take you. I am so excited to see what is next for you.

So, talk to me. How was the flight into Sรฃo Paulo? How about then into Recife? I know we chatted briefly when you got to Sรฃo Paulo but just curious. ☺️ How did it play out when you got to Recife? Did you go get luggage and then find your MP and his wife? Did you even know what they looked like so you could go to them? It sounds like after they got you all picked up you had a tourist type ride / drive where you got to see some sights. I could not believe it when I got pictures from Sister Nordfelt! It is just like the ones on the Google! Even B said the same thing. ๐Ÿ˜‚she says ‘usually the internet tries to make it look better than it is but it looks just the same!’  She loved seeing them as much as I did. Tell me about your new living digs. How about your companion? What was the ‘something special’ she wanted to have for you? Did you get to sleep in on Saturday? Sister Nordfelt’s email suggested maybe that would be an option and I am sure hoping it was. I know I get feeling pretty crappy if I am sleep deprived.

I loved hearing you will have an opportunity to be in the temple. What a huge blessing! I also loved just being able to feel of the love that Sister Nordfelt has for you. She said you understand and speak the language so well and she is excited to see that and knows you will hit the ground running. ๐Ÿ’—When I put my little Google man on the maps and look around I cannot believe how beautiful it looks there. Is it lying or is it accurate? How is the weather and humidity compared to that back East? I am sorry. I have so many questions about where you are now!

Things here are good. I feel like this week was crazy and I was spoiled to get to talk to you as much as we did. Thanks for allowing me to be along your side as you have done all of this. I do have one thing I want to share…

Friday morning I woke up so I could watch your flight status and be sure to be online when you landed. It was early. 4 am early but it was fine. I was busy studying scriptures and watched as your plane landed. We had the small interaction through the Facebook and then you boarded to Recife. I had a moment of tears that I couldn’t control. Not sad tears, just tears of being so dang proud of you! Anyways…Tyler woke up and came in and sat in the office and we were chatting. B finished getting ready for school and headed out the door. I was telling Tyler about the delay in your flight out of Atlanta, that we were able to visit briefly while you were in Sรฃo Paulo, and that 10:30am our time seemed like forever away for your plane to land in Recife. He sat up in the chair he was in and had tears streaming down his face. He could hardly get words out but what he did say was that he is so excited for you to be in Brazil. He just kept saying how proud he is of you and how hard you have worked since the day you opened your call over a year ago. ๐ŸฅฐI melted as I listened to him and as I watched each tear fall. He loves you and he is so proud of all the things you are doing each day. I just never want you to wonder.

Even though we have talked as often as we have this week I cannot wait for Monday! I am so excited to hear all about life for you right now. Tyler asked me this morning if seeing you hugging Sister Nordfelt made my heart hurt? I of course started to tear up and immediately said yes. I want to the one on the receiving end of your hug SO bad but…I will wait. We are one day closer to that and I am grateful for that.

Man do I love you. I am so proud of you and love being your Mom. I love you to the moon and back. Enjoy your first Sunday in Brazil! ๐ŸคŸ๐Ÿป๐Ÿ’—๐Ÿ‡ง๐Ÿ‡ท

Forever and for always,
Mom


Keep being YOU!

It is a miracle indeed in todays crazy world filled with Covid that you are in your original call of Recife. The Lord needed you to be ready in ALL things as soon as you there. He trusts you. He has faith in you, and He will be right alongside you as you keep on doing His work. ๐Ÿ’—

Popular posts from this blog

Week 1 Email: I have a new Mom