Email from Mom: September 18, 2021

To: Kaitlyn.garcia@missionary.org
Date: September 18, 2021
Subject: It's getting REAL

Hey!
How are you? Did your Amazon and Called To Surf packages arrive? I have been meaning to log on and see but I haven't had much time. (Details later). How has your week been? Are you feeling like you are ready to hand stuff off and get yourself on a plane to BRAZIL??!! What else do you have left to do? I need to sit down and see what your mission packet says about Brazil currency and if you need to have some for when you arrive. Did you have a chance to maybe ask that other Sister who is there maybe?

Things here have been kinda low key. I got the basement cleaned, dusted, and put Christian's room back together. I even bought new bedding and everything. It should have been done a long time ago but I figured maybe it would be a good surprise for him. I thought I was going to re-do that room while he was gone but my heart can't do it so instead I just figured I would get it put together.  I think it looks nice. Did I send you pictures of it?

I had a presidency meeting that was fine. Most days I am already pretty burned out on this whole RS President gig but I just want to be sure the ladies know someone actually cares and is trying you know? Anyways then we had a RS activity and that was a bust. Only 3 people came besides the 3 presidency members. It was a salad swap. Bring your fave salad and recipe for us to snap a photo of to add to our recipe collection. But I guess you hold an activity and those that need the 'out' show. Just frustrating is all. I had a whole family come down with the Covid. They are new. Family with 9 kids but only 3 live at home still. Mom and Dad are BIG. Usually attend a Polynesian ward but they were so welcomed by our ward they chose to stay. Love that. Anyways, Mom, Dad, and 17 yo son weren't feeling well and stayed home. Well Wednesday Mom took the 17 yo to the ER and he tested positive and they sent him  home to do lots of liquids and rest, take Tylenol for pain relief. They checked her out and immediately put her in an ambulance and sent her to the U. Admitted her and she is there on oxygen and having a hard time breathing. Dad is home, he too tested positive. 15 and 11 yo girls are home and I am sure 100% positive. Anyways...it has been some crazy trying to get contactless delivery of dinners, the family wants a blessing but Jason Miller will NOT have any sort of that so you worry you offend a new family, etc...but we will see. Hopefully they can all get home and start feeling better soon and be back to church.

B didn't have school again yesterday (P/T conferences) so she and I both slept in. I only slept in until like 8 but she was more like almost 10! Funny. Anyways, I tried to get her to go shopping with me and she always says no. I miss you being home for moments like that! I don't know why she won't shop with me. Ugh...Then this morning it was DUMPING rain and she still went to Cutler's football game. His Mom came and picked her up because I was heading to lunch with Kaden White's mom. Speaking of...what did she send you that you got last week? What did the Imlay's and Thornell's send?

Tyler is due home tonight and I need to get his sushi ordered he wants for dinner. You will have to remind me to fill you in on the Jaime drama and you will never guess who is going to Powell this next week with the Riddles....ready? THE BALLS!!! WHAT??? I guess when you can't fill 87 thousand trips you ask contractors who are working on your new house (that has driven away not just 'friends' but any sort of acquaintance as well) to come go with you. :/ Pathetic. But hilarious at the same time. It has been a good source of funny all week long.

Well, I better run. I have B and Cutler upstairs I need to go pop in on, probably need to do a chic fil a run for them, and then get Tyler his dinner ordered too. I love you. I am excited to chat on Monday and I am excited to see how you are feeling all around. Crazy to think it will be our last Pday while you are in the US. Also, I was thinking it would be good for your companion to have my contact info in case your Jesus Loves You shirt doesn't arrive before you leave? Maybe I can send a pre-paid envelope or something so she can send it home? Let me know on this?

I love you to the moon and back. So much. For forever and for always,
Mom


Popular posts from this blog

Mom's Talk: Sunday, July 10, 2022

Week 1 Email: I have a new Mom