Email from Mom
To: Kaitlyn.garcia@missionary.org
Date: Friday, September 3, 2021
Subject: Another week
Hey you! How
are you? How are things in witchville Massachusetts? I have to tell you
that this last week when people have asked how you are and I have told
them where you are they all just let their jaws drop! It is hilarious!
What
does your new area look like? How is the area book? Is it full and
something you have been able to dive right into? Are there friends who
have been worked with that you are picking up somewhere in the middle
of? I wonder how that is playing out since there hasn't been Sisters in
the area before. My mind aimlessly wanders most days about what you have
going on in your day to day. I wonder what your weather is starting to
look like too. Fall back East is BEAUTIFUL and I am sorta jealous you
get to experience it on a day to day basis. Are colors starting to
change? How are the temps?
Life here is
moving along way too quick this week. I knew I needed to stay busy
because otherwise my heart would be sad. Tyler is hunting all week, he
left Monday, and you and Elder Garcia are gone. Just a lot missing in a
home so I planned accordingly - sorta - and where I didn't have stuff
planned, boy has the Lord taken over! So... you ready for a recap? Hold
on tight...
Monday: After we got done talking I
had that super sweet message come in from Elder Arroyo and my heart
about burst! I was so sad for him and for me sorta too. I am going to
miss seeing your 'gang' on Monday pictures you put up. Other than that
it was just a chill at home kind of night. No big deal
Tuesday:
I had lunch with Shandie Evans. So sad to learn that they not only
filed for divorce but they are far enough along in the proceedings that
they are just waiting for a judge to sign off on it. But she seriously
glows! She is so much happier and it is moments like that that help me
realize that divorce can bring to others around us too and not just for
my world. :) Later that night I hosted Mom's with littles in the pool
for an hour and a half or so. Littles like Sunbeam and younger. I had
massive anxiety about 10 minutes before everyone arrived but in the end
it was a ton of fun and the kids had a blast.
Wednesday:
I started my day walking with the girls down the trail and headed into
my 6 miler. At around mile 4 I took the detour for my chiropractor appt
and then continued on my way home. My hips were killing me and I thought
for sure there was a pirate behind me with his sword in the backs of
both of my knees! Holy crapola! I knew I needed to get rid of my Asic
tennis shoes a while ago but I LOVE them so I didn't want to admit it
and I have been good thus far. Well, turns out that Wednesday owned me
and I ended up conceding that a change was needed. I was supposed to go
visit with a lady in the ward but she was under the weather so she
cancelled. Brooklyn took me for a ride on the rzr and then home.
Thursday:
I woke up and could hardly walk! My legs were in horrible shape. After B
left I jumped into the hot tub and soaked for a full hour. I just let
the jets destroy my legs, my butt, and my hip area. And when I got out I
felt sorta better. I had plenty to do around the house because I am
still ears deep in trying to get Fall decor out and put up and then
clean up the mess that follows with such a project. :/ I started to feel
a little better so I grabbed my shoes and headed to the Run Gr8 store.
Well, turns out Caroline's mother recognized me as being your Mom, heard
that you were on a mission, and continued to ask about you and how you
are doing. I guess Caroline is in California and is struggling with
companions pretty bad. Like her Mom said now she is meeting with the
therapist each week and is on an antidepressant?? I don't know. I was
grateful she helped with a new pair of shoes (I tried inserts but these
poor shoes are just worn) and then I was outta there! I had an
appointment to go meet with a lady who lives in the same circle as Kim
White (In the new house that was built there) so I ran to meet her and
had a great visit. Learned why she is inactive and recognized it is
going to be some time before she walks back in a church door, which is
fine. I am glad to know that she at least has my name and a face to put
together and hopefully will call if she ever has any sort of need or
just needs a friend. Other than that, I had plans to watch the Braves
game and the Utes play but then I got a call from Tammy Bradley who had
some extra pull ups and wanted to give them to me for someone in the
ward instead of throwing them out. I wanted to tell her to toss them but
something pushed me to say no problem and I headed down. Well...turns
out she needed to vent and boy did she! I never know if I take her at
her word or if she fluffs things but wow...just wow. So, two and a half
hours later I came home to catch the tail end of the Braves game and
flip to the last quarter of the Utes game. I have never been so ready
for bed in my life!!!
Friday: That's today! I
woke up and got sorta ready. I had a chiro appt at 8:15 but had to fix
B's curls before I left. Then home, walked with B to the Millers and
then headed out on my walk. My hip is still pretty dang sore but
thankfully the pirate hasn't made an appearance again so I will take
that as a win! After I got home I placed my grocery pickup order for
tomorrow (we are headed to the cabin for the holiday weekend), ran over
to Katie Fisher's to help her with a baptism program, and then to the
Costco to grab the last couple of things that we will need to take to
Oakley with us. I stopped at Horsley to grab some ortho bands for B and
they were freaking closed!!! Thankfully Bishop Rodney's wife Jaci came
through and scored a couple of bags for Brooklyn. She is doing so good
wearing them and has an appt on the 29th that we hope to be able to
schedule her to get them off so no bands would have been a bad deal! I
came home and realized I still have a tornado that touched down in the
house and when I talked with Tyler briefly today he said he was going to
try and see about coming home tonight! WHAT?! I have a TON of work to
do before he gets here and instead I am sitting in the office typing an
email to you. :) I think that is a better idea anyways. The Braves play
again tonight but I need to go drop off these pull ups to a new
neighbor first. I will for sure do that before the game starts!
Tomorrow
B is going to surprise Cutler at his game. She hasn't hung out with any
friends this week (it was a nice break) and he thinks that means she
can't go tomorrow so she is super excited to see his reaction. Dork but I
love her. I will pick up groceries from the Smiths, come home and get
stuff gathered for the cabin, and then I will probably head up tomorrow
evening. I have some super early meetings on Sunday (7:30am early) that I
can just drive down the canyon for. At least that is my plan for now.
Maybe I will just go up on Sunday afternoon. We will just have to see
how I am feeling, if B is good with it, and if Tyler is home or not. The
Millers, Stephens, and Katherine Chelius and her girls are going to
join us as well so it should be a fun bbq on Sunday evening. No school
on Monday so we will have the Millers and Stephens stay the night but
then home. No big plans for what Monday looks like other than my
missionary calls. I already cannot wait. :)
I
love you and I miss you. I am so excited to watch as other missionaries
on the line are arriving to your mission and those surrounding yours. I
imagine it is just a matter of time for your travel plans to arrive to
your Mission President. How freaking exciting is that! I love it.
Anyways, always in my prayers and thoughts. You are my greatest joy and I
love being your Mom. Let me know what I can do for you and how I can
help make life even better for you than it already is.
I love you to the moon and back,
Mom
| |||
![]() |
| Foot soak, because I guess I am like old or something? |
| Officially have a box for Christmas started |
![]() |
| Snuggled the cutest little 7 week old baby (Rhett Payne) while his parents played in the pool with his 3 older sisters for 2 hours! (my arm was DEAD ASLEEP!!!) |
![]() |
| B driving the rzr |



