Phone Call Home - Sept 13, 2021

It is CRAZY that this is one of the last two calls I will have with Sister Garcia while she in the United States!!! With that being said, I also wasn't 100% sure what kind of time would be available to have a call with her making preparations to leave so...when the call came in this afternoon just after 2pm my time I was thrilled!

Sister Garcia was busy today trying to make the most of Pday for her and for Sister Soares. She tried to not take the day to pack and only focus on her. She said they went to the mall so Sister Soares could look at a couple of things and it also worked out for Sister Garcia to check out stores to see if any dresses would be available to take to Brazil with her. Let us not forget that we sent her to Boston with Winter in mind so the dresses and skirts she has are not all Summertime hot Brazil friendly....sadly she wasn't able to find anything but thankfully Called To Surf on the line came through and she liked some of what they had and I ordered and got them on their way to her. There were two cute ones on the Amazon as well that said they will be there in time as well. Six new dresses should hopefully get her through the last 9 months of her mission. 

I think overall Sister Garcia is still trying to  process the loss of her last District and Companion. Her heart is still heavy and she misses them so much that to add on top of it all that now she is flying out and going to Brazil...it is a lot on her mind for sure. She is excited though and I can hear that in her voice and her whole person and countenance lights up when you see her so it is hard to even let me own feelings and thoughts come into play with how I am feeling overall. :) Her goal today was to find a tee shirt souvenir from Salem and the crazy witch town that it is as well as decide what she needs to send home, leave there, and donate or throw away. All while still maintaining her trainer role and taking care of her 'daughter', Sister Soares. The girl is working through it all for sure.

We chatted about Sister Parrish and how much she misses her. I was brought to tears today when she told me that collectively they have asked one another to be a bridesmaid in their weddings. I knew friendships would form while on a mission but friendships like this are priceless and I am so grateful that Sister Garcia has found good life long people to keep in her life. She also talked about Elder Arroyo (Kevin!) and how he is struggling and wanted to go home. She had to break mission rules to reach out to him and just talk him through some of the hard he is dealing with. Another lifer friend...I learned from him that he has basically been written off by his family because of his choice to serve a mission and to turn his life around. He is also feeling heavy judgement because of his tattoos. We ended up being able to have a call with all 3 of us on it by the end of the day and it made me just smile to see them together. They become each others source of strength out in the mission field and I am sure grateful for that.  

We didn't have too long to chat today but I was glad for the small amount of time that we did. Sister Garcia asked that I call mission travel tomorrow and just check on her passport and visa and where they are. Her Mission President said that Salt Lake handles it all (and I am sure they do it plenty well and all day everyday) but just for peace of mind for her with it being just 10 short days away. I am happy to do that. And then we will both sit back and wait...because this time next week will be it for her on Mondays in the friggin USA!!!

Happy almost last Pday on American ground. I love you to the moon and back,

Mom

Sister Garcia, Elder Arroyo, and Momma Jen
This girl makes my whole world happy on Mondays! And PS....look at that new FRIENDS shirt she is wearing! Woot woot!


Popular posts from this blog

Week 1 Email: I have a new Mom