That dang Facebook Call Ring!!!

I am telling you...I could hear that ring anywhere and know exactly what is happening. A Facebook call sounds like nothing else so today while I was fresh out of a shower (like not even dressed, just dropped a towel fresh out of a shower!) I heard THAT ring....and I knew. I knew it was Sister Garcia and I knew why she was calling. 

I hollered to Tyler to not answer the phone because I wasn't dressed nor was I really ready to hear what she was calling about but he answered anyways and all Sister Garcia heard was "I need to put on a shirt so I can take the call!" Can you even imagine?! Ha... Anyways, it is time. Sister Garcia has received her email that says it is time for her to report to her original call of Recife North Brazil. She is scheduled to travel on September 23 with an arrival date of September 24. 


It was hard to hear I won't lie...but I am so thrilled for her and to hear her excitement in her voice made it all worth taking this call on a non Pday Monday. Now...we wait. Her Mission President will receive her passport and visa and her mission nurse will arrange a Covid test prior to her flying. I wish I was going to be there to send her off and hug her one last time before she leaves the country but for now I can't focus on that. I will destroy my heart and make more tears fall out of my eyes. Right now I want to focus on how trusting the Lord is in her and her abilities. For her to essentially serve 2 missions means that He holds her high and as one of His choicest daughters. Humbling is putting it very very lightly. To know that He would trust me with a daughter of His of this caliber...wow. Just wow. 

Good job Sister Garcia! I can't wait for these next 9 months. Love you for forever,

Mom

Popular posts from this blog

Week 1 Email: I have a new Mom