Week 34 Email: The One With a Witch Town

From: Kaitlyn.garcia@missionary.org
Date: Monday, September 6, 2021
Subject: The One With A Witch Town

Bom dia gente! 

Alright the weeks just keep getting faster and faster haha! Last week flew by and I didn't have a ton of time for my email, desculpa! This week was full of miracles and lessons! It's still an adjustment to be here but Sister Soares is AMAZING and I love her so much! 

- We had yet another district pday with our new district! We went bowling but it wasn't really bowling. It was more like a giant version of Ski-Ball. It was super fun though and we even got to put our scores in by hand, kinda fun :) 
- We have so much work here! We've been teaching all the friends here and still trying to put faces to names but it's coming! 
- We had some really fun member lessons this week! The ward here is English and it's been a little bit of an adjustment, but I love them already
- We had a really powerful lesson with a set of brothers that we're teaching. It was so amazing to get to share that with Sister Soares too :) She has such a strong testimony and she was able to see her influence first hand 
- Speaking of Sister Soares, she hit her 1 month as a missionary! How wild is that?! I'm telling you guys, mission time is WEIRD! We also happened to twin that day so that was fun 
- We knocked some doors! We knocked quite a few but the Lord blessed us and we had some open the door to us:) They said we could come back as well so we're looking forward to that! 
- We were out walking the other night and because it's already September (crazy!) the Halloween spirit is already here. We spotted a guy with some stilts all dressed up just hanging out on the street haha! 



Spiritual Thought 
This week things really started to settle in and we're getting to know the area better. Que bênção! The one thing that has really stuck with me this week is that we are all placed in each other's lives and in certain places for specific reasons. We each have testimonies, life experiences, talents and abilities, whatever it may be, to bless those around us and to help others. I wondered why I was told I was staying in Rhode Island and 2 weeks later I left. This week I had my 'ah-ha!' moment and I know that I'm not only here for a reason but so is Sister Soares. Elder Bednar says, "Called to the work, not to a place" It truly doesn't matter where I am in the world, the message that I have to share is the same. My love and joy that comes from this incredible gospel is the same. So even though I was sad and upset to leave Rhode Island and all the amazing people there, I know two things. 1) The Lord's work never stops and it's the most important work anyone could be doing right now and 2) The Lord puts you and people in your life for a reason:) I challenge all of you to look for the reasons why you're at where you are this week! 


This one was a bit longer so sorry! I hope you all know what blessings you are are me in my life! Let me know what I can do for you!:) 
Amo vocês! 

Beijos, 
Sister Garcia
Sorvete sempre ;)
Only in a Witch Town!
Sister Soares hit 1 month!
Post bowling grub with the district

Popular posts from this blog

Mom's Talk: Sunday, July 10, 2022

Week 1 Email: I have a new Mom