Week 35 Email: The One With Miracles

From: Kaitlyn.garcia@missionary.org
Date: Monday, September 13, 2021
Subject: The One With Miracles

Bom dia gente! 
Another week down! Mission time is just flying by! Today marks 8 months! Somehow I'm almost halfway done with my mission?? This week was full of miracles and an extra special surprise! But of course I can't give that away just yet, you'll have to keep reading ;) 

- We had a little ward Labor Day picnic situation and because it was pday we were able to go! It was such a nice day and fun to get to see the ward outside of a church setting. It was funny though because they said they didn't recognize us in normal clothes haha! 
- We had a mission tour this week with Elder Bennett and Elder Douglas! It's been so cool to get to hear from them and learn how we can better work with our members. Even through zoom you can feel the Spirit they carry 
- With that being said we've had so so many miracles and lessons this week! We've gotten to know the families in our ward so much better and my love for them has just grown 
- Sister Soares gave her first District training this week and absolutely killed it! If anyone needs some motivation, send me a message and we'll talk to you haha! :) 
- We had a really cool experience knocking doors! We knocked and this guy opened right up and we had a solid 20 minute conversation on the doorstep. Rad! 
- Sister Soares and I found a little padaria (bakery) this week and I got to have my first sonho! Brasil knows how to make pastries!:) 
- Alright here's my EXTRA special highlight of the week:) I'm officially headed to BRASIL! I got an email this week that I'll be headed out on the 23rd of September! I'm so so excited but it's also so bittersweet. I love the people here in New England and the east coast will forever be my mission :) 


Spiritual Thought 
This week was so so full of Spiritual messages, lots of prayers, and many many miracles. This week Elder Bennett said something that had really stuck with me. He said, "Discouragement is a choice" How true is that?! We all have our own agency and we can all choose to look for the good in every situation. It's definitely easier said than done in some cases but if we choose to be discouraged, the situation shifts. It becomes negative and dark. When we CHOOSE to find the good, to find the joy, to find the happy, the situation doesn't seem all to bad. I know I have a lot of room to improve on this one haha! But as I've applied this throughout this past week I can truly say that I've never been happier :) This life is meant to be enjoyed not just endured! 

You made it through another weekly email! Parabens! Thank you all for your love and support, I can truly feel it :) You all are amazing and I hope you have the best week! 

Beijos, 
Sister Garcia
Fotos!
 
Sonho!!!
Some super rad tables we found in Peabody
Cute Sister Soares!
It was brigadero day this week! Of course we had to make some :)

 



Popular posts from this blog

Week 1 Email: I have a new Mom