Week 36 Email: The One With Goodbyes Pt. 1
From: Kaitlyn.garcia@missionary.org
Date: Monday, September 20, 2021
Subject: The One With Goodbyes Pt. 1
Bom dia gente!
This week has flown
by! It was my last full week here in the New England area and man do I
already have saudades! I'm so grateful for the time that I've got to
spend here and for the AMAZING people I've gotten to know and the
experiences I've gotten to have:) But this is not gonna be a gushy email
;) This week was so full of the Spirit and making lasting memories!
Onto the best part of the email, the highlights!
-For
pday we went exploring in Salem and found some real hidden gems haha!
If any of you ever wondered what a Halloween town looks like, it's
definitely Salem haha!
-We had exchanges! It was
my first ever all day exchange and it was fun to get to work with a new
Sister for a day :) But I did miss Sister Soares :)
-While
we were on exchanges I was bitten by a literal ferret! It was nuts! I
never thought that sentence would come our of my mouth but never say
never ;)
-We had Zone Conference! This one was
extra special because we had Elder Bennett and Elder Douglas from the 70
here with us. It was a whirlwind of a day but I've never been so
spiritually uplifted :) AND I got to see some of my favorite people
before I head out to Brasil :)
-We had so so many
amazing lessons and miracles this week! We had a lesson with our friend
Vilmar and he's interested in reading the Book of Mormon! I'm so excited
for Sister Soares to get to keep teaching him
-Sister
Soares and I went to a Brazilian restaurant and man have I never felt
so full haha! The people in Brasil know how to eat that's for sure ;)
-We had a fun Ice Cream Social after church yesterday and we got to see and interact with the ward a little bit. So fun!
-I
got to enjoy my last week in New England with the best people, the best
friends, and I got to do my favorite thing, teach the Restored gospel
:)
Spiritual Thought
This
week as I've tried to soak up the East Coast the thought that's come to
my mind over and over again has been the Atonement of the Savior. I've
don't think I've ver felt so many mixed emotions in my while life haha!
But this week I've had to lean on my Savior more than I ever have in my
life. With that being said, I know that the Savior knows each and every
single one of us on a level that we can't even begin to imagine. He
knows every feeling, every thought, every doubt and fear. He felt all of
that as He suffered for us. He could've walked away, in Matthew 26:39
it says, "And he went a little further, and fell on his face, and
prayed, saying, O my Father, if it be possible, let this cup pass from
me: nevertheless not as I will, but as thou wilt." He loves each of us
with a love so uncomprehensible that He submitted to the will of the
Father for us. For me. For you. How incredible is that?? If you ever
thought you're alone, you're not good enough, you don't feel loved.
Remember that THE most perfect person in the world, shed His blood for
YOU.
Well, I guess the
time has come! Onto bigger and better things! I'm excited for this new
chapter in my mission and I feel so beyond lucky to have served in the
MBM for the last 8 months. I love the people here with all my heart and
New England will always have a special place in my heart :) Thank you
all for your love and support as well! You guys are amazing! Let me know
what I can do for you guys this week:) I'll see you all in Brazil!
Amo vocês!
Beijos,
Sister Garcia






