Week 37 Email: The One With Brasil

From: Kaitlyn.garcia@missionary.org
Date: Monday, September 27, 2021
Subject: The One With Brasil

Bom dia gente! 
Well, I made it! I can't believe that I'm really here in Brasil! This week has been nothing short of an adventure that's for sure haha! I miss the MBM, but I'm so beyond excited to be here!:) Okay, before I get into my highlights, I have news. I can no longer use Facebook Messenger to talk to you guys, que pena! But I'd love to get your emails:) We also only have one phone here, so I might be delayed in getting back to you, just know that I do see them:) Now, onto my highlights! 

-I had to say goodbye to all the amazing people in New England  I said it before and I'll say it again, the people in New England will always have my heart :) 
-I had to say goodbye to minha filha! Que triste! Sister Soares, if you're reading this, EU AMO VOCE TANTO :) 
-I got to go to the mission home for a day! That was wild Haha! Normally as a new missionary you go there, but because of COVID I never got to go. We had a testimony meeting with all the departing missionaries and the Spirit was so strong  
-I flew to Brasil! Kind of a big thing Haha! It was a lot of flights and a lot of mask wearing, but I made it here safe and sound. I will say, airplane food is not as terrible as I expected 
-When I landed I was greeted by my sweet mission president and his wife! The Nordfelts are the best! They also are from Riverton, small world! 
-We got to stop at the Recife temple! Man oh man! Let me tell you guys, it's even prettier than the pictures on Google:) 
-I got to meet my new companion, Sister Da Mata! She's from São Paulo and is so so sweet! I'm excited to get to serve with her here in Brasil 
-I live in Pernambuco now! Well really I live in Carpina;) How wild is that?! Our apartment is in the interior part of Pernambuco so there aren't really very many paved roads. For those of you that are confused Haha, Pernambuco is the state that Recife is in;) But I already love it here! 

Spiritual Thought 
Man has it been a week Haha! I've loved every second of it:) As I've been thinking about what I want to put here this week I've had a million ideas go through my head. I could testify of the power of the Holy Ghost. Or of the power of prayer. Or even the importance of scripture study. But what all of that boils down to is the main point that Heavenly Father knows each of His children. He knows every single one of us and knows EXACTLY what we need in every moment. I think that's why we call Him Heavenly FATHER ;) In Mosiah 24 when the people of Alma are being persecuted, it says that 'I the Lord do comfort my people in thine afflictions' The Lord is aware of everything. He is aware of every thought and feeling we have. This week I can truly say I've never felt closer to my Father in Heaven because I know that He knows what I'm feeling :) 

Well! You made it through another email Haha! Thank you all for your love and support, I seriously couldn't do a mission without you guys:) I'm excited for this new adventure in my mission! Remember to email me too! I'd love to hear from you guys! :) Let me know what I can do for you guys! 
Amo vocês! 

Beijos, 
Sister Garcia
P.s I'll have more next week!
Minha Filha :)
The Elders
Last Day
Sister Da Mata

 

Popular posts from this blog

Mom's Talk: Sunday, July 10, 2022

Week 1 Email: I have a new Mom