I was in Atlanta getting myself ready for the World Series game we were attending when my watch said that Sister Garcia was trying to add me to a call. Wait what? Sure enough! Sister Garcia got permission to call home on her birthday! And not only that but she had Brooklyn and Elder Garcia on the call when I got on too so ALL 5 OF US were on the call at the same time!!! Ahhhh...this made my whole entire day!
 |
| Oh my gosh...look at all the smiles and laughter in this photo!!! |
 |
| Happy 20th Birthday Sister Garcia |
 |
| all up close and personal |
 |
| freaky but hilarious! |
 |
| When Mom learns what 'ice in my veins' means |
 |
Happy Birthday!
|
I didn't think a birthday would be as hard as it was with Sister Garcia gone and I was really doing okay until the call came in. When I saw all 5 of us together on my screen I had to turn my head away and let the tears of pure joy fall so that I didn't ruin the fun of what this call was. These three are my whole world and my heart has been yearning for them to be all together something pretty fierce so being able to be a part of this and to see them all together...man. What a blessing.
Kaitlyn was spoiled by her companion with breakfast and a small gift and they have plans to go to dinner with a family tonight that is aware it is her birthday too. She was finally able to open her birthday gift that I sent her you know, a month ago, and was smiling and laughing the whole time. I don't know her overall feeling about now owning a Brazil soccer jersey but maybe one day down the road she will remember the love that I put into it to make sure she had something to open today. This girl made me a Mom and I have learned a lot of hard things with her as she is my guinea pig and we have gone through some really cool stuff together as well. She continues to teach me and show me the ways and for that I will be eternally grateful. I often say that when I grow up I want to be more like her and it couldn't be more true today. Before we ended our call she invited us all to read the Book of Mormon together as a family in 90 days. We will start on November 15 and end on Brooklyn's 14th birthday, February 15th.
I long for the day I can share a piece of cake with you on your birthday and I can't wait to make up a day of shopping and all about you when you get home but for now, thanks for the surprise phone call. You totally made my day. I love you to the moon and back. Forever and for always.
Mom