Email from Mom: October 9, 2021

From: Mom
To: Kaitlyn.garcia@missionary.org
Date: Saturday, October 9, 2021
Subject: Snow...

Hey! Happy Saturday. How are you? How was your week? Were you able to sit down with the ward members like you had hoped to work on getting your 45 friends you are working with fellowshipped and welcomed as new members? I still just shake my head as my mouth hangs wide open at the number of 45. That is crazy to me.

I wonder what your day to day looks like most days. I find myself thinking ‘I wonder what Kaitlyn is up to, I wonder what her weather is, I wonder if she is happy.’ I feel like when you were in the MBM I kinda felt like I knew what was going on and what life looked like. Maybe it was because pictures got added to the drive? Maybe it add because I have seen back East and kinda have an idea of day to day if someone lived there? Brazil is just so new in every single way that I find myself just wondering most days. ☺️

It was low key quiet here at home this week. We watched as the weather started getting colder and colder. Tyler’s brother is blessing their new baby Sunday so we decided we would go to that. Brooklyn was not interested (go figure) so we decided to make a small getaway happen. Grandma came to stay while Tyler and I took off for Jackson Hole on Thursday. We have spent the last 3 days in freezing cold weather. Wool socks, winter boots, puffy coats, and snow on the mountains. It has rained all day everyday and the snow is heading for home this next week. It was a good thing we have seen the Tetons because they were covered by clouds all weekend long! It was still pretty and the cooler weather was a good reminder to myself that life needs to be checked in on and changed just like the different seasons we have in life here at home.

We are currently driving from Wyoming to Bear Lake where we will stay the night. Church is at 9 and then we will head home. I am tired of riding in a car so it will be nice to get home and not have anywhere we need to be. I think Monday I have Pilates at 1-2 is all. Other than that I have a car to clean front the muddy rainy snowy weather we have been in and out of this weekend. It was nice to get away though just the two of us. Tyler has been hunting a lot and I feel like we just needed some time to the two of us to focus on our marriage and to set goals as we head into the tail end of the year.

The Fall colors this year are definitely showing off here at home as well as in Wyoming. Our hike that I shared pictures with on the Facebook was so pretty. And as the wind blew and the leaves fell it just screamed Fall. Wyoming was just as pretty but you can almost feel the cold through the pictures I have attached. I’m not ready for snow but it is coming even if I’m not. I guess I better just get settled into it and get my wool socks at the ready.

Anyways, I love you. I hope you are happy and I hope that life as you know it and are living in this moment is fulfilled and creating memories to last a lifetime. I miss you but I am so proud of you and all you are doing. I can’t wait for the chance to catch up on another week.

I love you to the moon and back.
Mom



Popular posts from this blog

Week 1 Email: I have a new Mom