From: Mom
To: Kaitlyn.garcia@missionary.org
Date: Saturday, October 16, 2021
Subject: Game 1 is a W!
Happy Saturday at home but Sunday where you are.
How
are you? And how was your week? I wonder how you are sleeping? How’s
the heat at night? Does your fan really help cool things off that you
sleep well?
Things here got cold this week. Cold like snow.
Yep…the
white stuff is here on the mountains and even at the cabin in the
backyard too. But when Tyler and I went up this week the colors on the
trees are still so so pretty. I am still not a fan of the cold but the
colors sure make a good case for someone like me to change my mind.
Brooklyn had to make a car out of things around the house. Her and Tyler
made the one in the picture below. She even included a driver who she
also named. Ready for the name?? Agatha. Yep…you read that right! I
laughed pretty good when she sent that in a text. No clue where she got
that from.
I went to Pilates all week, am almost done with Alma (I think tomorrow I will finish
),
and I even took Tyler to the mall today where we FINALLY are commuted
to ditching all things under armour. Yep, I took him to the lulu and
spent $1100 on new gear. It’s a small introduction with some key pieces
but I am so happy to have the conversion process taking place for him. 
Tyler surprised Brooklyn this week and has the governor taken off the
golf cart. He had her help load it in then back of his truck. He told
her he was selling it. She was SO mad! Anyways…when he left she kept
asking ‘mom why would he do that?’ ‘He knows I like it & I drive it
all the time’ ‘does this mean I can ask for a new faster one for
Christmas?’ She was stewing so mad the whole time he was gone. I was
hysterically laughing!! Anyways he got back and she took it for a spin
and realized what he had done and was relieved that he didn’t sell it
after all.
I made cookies for Randy this week. The sad part? I stayed up and made
them so I could get them shipped to him so he could have them for game 1
today. Well..he was out of town so I didn’t ship them and instead Tyler
and I have been eating all of them 
it was fun to make them again. I need to probably make them more often and just find people to give them away to.
B got up today and went to Cutlers football game like she does most
Saturday mornings. And then this afternoon/evening she headed to lagoon
for frightmares. Tyler and I are currently sitting in the parking lot
waiting for her, Cutler, Luke, and Jada to come out so we can head home.
Btw…it is 11:13pm
it is Fall break for these kids so they are kicking it off I guess. This girl is a doer and is always on the go. Always.
Tomorrow I think I am going to head to Oakley for the night. I am sure I
could get ahead of where I want to be in my scriptures if I go and just
turn off responsibilities that are staring at my face at home. But…we
are having the basement and cabin measured for new carpet on Tuesday so I
don’t know if I go tomorrow or just Tuesday? We will see.
Tyler is headed hunting this next weekend. I guess his kid Grayson has a
deer tag (that we pay for) so he is leaving Friday and home on Sunday. I
am going to have B come to the cabin Friday - Sunday for sure with me.
We will shop the outlets and just hang out. I told her she can bring a
friend but…get this…shocker…Jada is drama again so who knows? I wish she
would move on from that one. She needs to grow up. Other than that, not
much really going on around here that is exciting or fun.
The Braves started the NLCS series today against the freaking Dodgers.
They beat us last year and took away our chance to get to the World
Series so revenge is due. Nobody has the Braves picked to win a thing.
Like they are saying horrible things. Anyways…the Dodgers showed up in
Atlanta with their huge egos and guess what?? The Braves freaking won
game 1 tonight!!! Tyler and I were on the couch with Charli in between
us. Ozzie was on 2nd, Riley hits the ball, Ozzie takes off and scores
the winning run in the bottom of the 9th and I jumped up and screamed!!!
Poor Charli was all sorts of like ‘what in the literal heck?!’ I felt
bad for a minute. 
Well I sure love you. I’m hopeful you are happy and thriving. I hope you
found a way to celebrate your 1/2 way mark? I’d love to hear if so. I
need you to know how proud I am of you and for the choice you made to
serve. Every single day you put the Lords name on and you make the
choice to be His representative and you do that SO well. I love being
able to share what you are doing with those that ask.
I love you to the moon and back. I miss you but I am thrilled that you
are where you are. I can’t wait to hear from you. Please let me know
what I can do for you. Love you for forever.
Mom
 |
|
- Brooklyn and Cutler |
 |
|
- Brooklyn, Luke, and Cutler |
 |
|
- B found a denim jacket in your closet and wore it to LaGoon (she wanted me to be sure you got this) |
 |
|
- cookies. I had the cutters custom made |
 |
|
- Brooklyn’s car with driver, Agatha, ready to go |
 |
- Fall colors at the cabin. Still so pretty  |
 |
|
- snow is here. And I’m afraid it is staying for the duration of Winter |