Email from Mom: Saturday, October 23, 2021
From: Mom
Date: October 23, 2021
Subject: Vegetable cookies??
Hey hey hey! How are you?? How was your week? I got the cutest pic from
Sister Zaugg’s mom (see below) and also a sweet message from Julie
Williamson’s Mom. She basically just said that Sister Parrish is still
mourning your arrival to Brazil and that she sure hopes the two of you
will remain lifelong friends. She is grateful for you for your example
for Julie too. It appears that maybe Julie could use some prayers on her
behalf if you think about it.
I love knowing the difference you are making even outside of the mission you are serving in.
We have had Fall Break all week. B didn’t want to go anywhere so we have
just stayed home. I would have been happy to go pretty much anywhere
but B didn’t want to hear anything of that. It hasn’t been terrible to
be home but with our weather I could have found warmer for sure. She has
been busy with friends all week but yesterday Tyler took Grayson
hunting to Bear Lake so we had a girls day. She hung with me all day. We
shopped and then came home and rented a chick flick movie (Dear Evan
Hansen). She is funny to shop with. Not like you at all. She wants to
get in, look around, not try on a thing, and get the heck out of there
and move on. She found the cutest off white/cream corduroy pants at
Tilly’s and a couple of new shirts & hoodies. She has a laid back
look/style and I FINALLY talked her into a pair of white Doc Marten
boots. I was sure she would agree to black but the white ones she liked.
You have no idea how happy I was to pay for them. She looks so cute in
them. We stopped at the pretzel spot and instead of a cup of pretzel
bites she opted for the big box which by the way comes with 4 things of
cheese!! 4!!! And she ate every last one of them. Along with a frozen
hot chocolate from the Fizz. That girl makes me giggle.
While we sat and watched the movie curled up on the couch I got a little
teary. I miss you a lot. And Christian too. I look forward to the day
that you are all here together again. I don’t want you home yet but I
look forward with great anticipation the day you are all here. 
I am working through the Book of Mormon. I am in 3rd Nephi where the
signs of the resurrection are shown and then the voice of the Lord is
heard. It’s crazy Kaitlyn. This time reading things are settling in more
than they ever have and I am loving and looking forward to opening this
book each and every day. I count this as a blessing of a missionary in
my life. Thank YOU for the encouragement to start again and to read
again. Without you and your example and influence I sure don’t think the
experience I am having would be what it is. I don’t know that I will
finish by your birthday (holy cow 20 this week!!!) but I am going to
give it my all. I will finish it though. For sure.
B has an appointment with a new dermatologist on Monday afternoon.
Hoping for some good there. She is getting pretty frustrated and I don’t
blame her. I am dropping cookies to Kaden Whites mom on Monday for her
little who loves vegetables. Cutest little thing ever. Kaden is due home
on Tuesday and I will send dinner that evening. I am so sad for her. It
makes me count my blessings that you and Christian continue to work
through the hard and keep your head up and remain vigilant in your
decision to serve. I know things are not always wonderful or easy yet
you continue to prove that you trust in the Lord and you know with Him
all things are possible. And then you look long term and the experience
and blessings you will see throughout your life will be immeasurable.
Anyways, thank you for your efforts and your example as a missionary.
They are sure not looked at lightly nor taken for granted.
My heart is full this evening with gratitude for you and for being able
to be your Mom. So much joy in my heart when I think of what you have
brought to my life in these 20 years of life. Thank you for trusting me
as your Mom and now as a friend. I am beyond words and beyond
explanation proud of all you are and all you continue to become. Keep
being you and keep that smile on your face. Man alive do I love you.
For forever and for always, to the moon and back
Mom
Brooklyn and Cutler in their Halloween costumes ![]() |
A lady who travels to different countries picked up some nativities
from Brazil so I snagged one. Figured I would ensure I have one from the
country![]() |
| These two and their Instagram posts make my heart happy. |
| Vegetable cookies |

