To: Kaitlyn.garcia@missionary.org
From: Mom
Date: Sunday, October 31, 2021
Subject: So...20
So, 20 huh?? How do you feel about that? How did you celebrate? I am
still on an emotional high from getting to talk to you and for the
moment of having all 3 of you together on a call at the same time! What a
blessing and huge surprise! Thanks for calling and thanks for letting
us celebrate YOU! I loved hearing how Sister Da Mata served you and made
your day special. 
Also, Happy Halloween!!
Have
you had a chance to get the little something from the mission home I
sent for you and Sister Da Mata? (Is she feeling any better?)
This week was crazy. B had some drama at school that had her in tears,
literally. She was so upset and her eyes were so puffy. Breaks my heart
and reminds me just how much I hate middle school. The girl loves
friends and even if they are crappy to her and aren’t really ‘good’ she
still mourns them when stuff happens and the friendship is lost if that
makes sense. She is learning the hard way that sometimes it is best to
not say anything at all. All hard teenager stuff. I am sure you miss it
right?? Ha! She asked to stay home on Friday instead of going and at the
first of the week I thought she asked since we would be leaving that
day but by Thursday she wanted to avoid being at school all together.
Anyways, she ended up staying home and I am hopeful when I see her
Monday she will be in better spirits. 
Atlanta has been downright INSANE!!! The sheer amount of people has been
crazy. I can show pictures but to be amongst it all is indescribable.
And the energy of what they bring is so fun! We came in with the Braves
being undefeated at home during the postseason and we have to win all 3
at home to win the World Series so my hopes were high (even if we hadn’t
been undefeated
).
When we won game 3 I couldn’t sleep. I was so excited!!! Last night was
FREEZING! It’s been raining and windy all weekend so I figured out how
to get some leggings/sweat pants things under my jeans, I had 3 shirts
on, my puffy coat, and gloves. And know what?? I was still cold but I
didn’t care! My toes froze to death and by the time we got to the hotel I
couldn’t feel them at all. But…the game was nuts. We were down 2-0
until the 7th when we tied it. Then Swanson gets up and hits a home run
into right field. The crowd lights up!!! We pinch hit Soler and he sends
a home run opposite side to left and we are now up 3-2!!! (Also, Pres
Trump was here and totally doing the chop! ) Head into the 9th with our
closing pitcher (Will Smith) and we all panic. You can feel the anxiety
in the air even amongst the screaming. He causes some moments with 3-0
counts and then somehow gets us out of it and all of a sudden we have 2
outs. We have 1 left to get to win. Pitch comes in, bat connects but
just an infield hopper to Dansby, Dansby scoops it up and throws to
Freddie for the out….BRAVES WIN!!! We are literally 1 win away from
taking the trophy!!! It could happen tonight with me being here! Oh my
gosh. To say freaking out is an understatement. I have no voice and my
head is pounding but holy cow, this has been worth it. 

B went trick or treating last night with Cutler and she said it was ‘ok’
and then had friends over to hang for a bit. Grandma said not too many
kids and she never had to refill the candy buckets. Makes me so sad but
whatever. I’m not there so I won’t worry or care too much until next
year. 
Game time is 8:15 tonight and then we fly home tomorrow. We leave
Atlanta at 10am and arrive home at noon. I hope this won’t make it so we
can’t catch up on a phone call. I will keep my fingers crossed.
I need you to know how proud I am of you. As I have watched different
family segments play out on the big screen here this weekend and even
getting to talk to you on Friday, my heart just bursts with happy. You
are simply incredible and you are doing amazing things. You are making
differences in peoples lives that will change their outcome for forever.
I hope you can feel the blessings coming your way because of your
choice to serve your mission.
I love you to the moon and back. Forever and for always.
Mom
 |
|
Game 3 - we win!! |
 |
|
The battery is SO full!! |
 |
|
Game 4 - also another win!! |
 |
The view from our hotel room…so many people. I just heard that they
closed the battery at like 2pm yesterday because it was at capacity  |
 |
Game 4….we WIN and need only 1 more!!   |
 |
|
Oh. My. Gosh. |