Email Home: Monday, October 11, 2021
From: Kaitlyn.garcia@missionary.org
Date: Monday, October 11, 2021
Subject: Pday, Exchanges, and More!
Ola bom dia mãe!
How
are you?! How's things at home?? Those pictures you sent made me want
to see the leaves in real life! I cant wait for the fall! Mainly just
cooler weather I think haha! I'm still waiting for my body to really
adjust to the heat here. I think with time it will, but right now
everything is just sticky ;) I literally wrote in my trunk journal that I
cant wait to just feel clean again haha! I think the OCD in me is
starting to really kick in ;)
This week was kinda
crazy and full of travel all over the place. We literally live out in
the boonies so everywhere is a long travel ;)
We
had exchanges!! It was my first ever 24 hour exchange too so that was a
little odd haha! Sister Xavier is super nice but I'm learning that
missionaries here work very very differently than missionaries in the
states. Just part of the adjustment :) It was good to get out and work
though! I love Sister Da Mata, but she doesn't like to get out there and
work very much. While I was on exchanges in Maranguape, we found a
family that had a lot of little kids. When they found out that I'm from
the states they literally wanted me to say everything under the sun in
English haha! It was cute though :)
We also had DC
here in Carpina! That meant that we didn't need to travel on the bus to
get to St. Lorenco woot woot! I cant really say that much because I
only did it once haha! But it was good to only have to walk 5 minutes;)
We've
been doing a lot of walking in the sun too! My chaco tan line is coming
along nicely Haha! Well really it's just started ;) We also had lunch
at sweet Irma Regina's house on Friday! Shes the cutest little grandma
in the ward and has sass too! It was so fun to get to talk to her and
her granddaughter. Her granddaughter is preparing for her mission call
right now so she had a lot of questions for us about the process. It
feels like yesterday I was doing all my paperwork for my mission. And
kow I'm in BRASIL!! Crazy!!
Saturday I woke up and
had the craziest thing happen! I still have no idea what happened or
anything, but I'm good ;) I woke up and my eye was literally HUGE!!! I
rushed to the bathroom just to double check and it I was right, it was
huge! I put some ice on it and then did a compress with my washcloth. It
started to go down and I looked for my advil. I opted for my glasses
just to be safe though haha! Let me tell you though, glasses in the heat
are not my favorite but it's doable. But don't worry, I'm all good now
and my eye is doing good :) BENÇÃO!
I love your
emails every week:) They seriously are the best and I feel like I still
know what's happening throughout the week! Brasil is 100% different than
Boston, but it's a good different. We've been trying to work through
our 45 friends honestly. It's hard because Sister Zaugg said a lot of
these people are ready and open, but we're finding out that's not really
the case. We had to make a list of the people who aren't interested to
stop teaching them :/
If you ever wonder what I'm
up to, I'm probably just sweating haha! I'm hoping this next week we can
start street contacting and getting out of the apartment more:)
I'm
jealous (but not;) that things are getting cooler there! I honestly
cant wait for fall again! I love the heat, but being here in October and
knowing that fall decor and pumpkins aren't happening is so weird. I
love the leaves too so not having them is strange haha!
Hopefully
your butt doesn't hurt too much from all the driving ;) I hope you also
listened to some good songs while you drove ;) I was telling Sister Da
Mata that music is one of the biggest things I miss. She loves music too
so we often find ourselves singing random songs throughout the day.
Sunday
was pretty good too! For starters, our friend Roberto made it to
church!! Not only that but we got up early and walked to his house so we
could all go to church together. He's really catholic and he didn't
have much to say after sacrament, but hey! He was there;) After church
we went to Bispo Da Silvas house for lunch. I think I'm getting used to
eating so so much food in the middle of the day, but maybe not too haha!
His son Lei (Lehi) is getting ready to start his papers too! They had a
lot of questions about the United States too haha! It was a long day
though, we didn't get back to the apartment until 3:30pm and we still
had to plan and study. We did a quick planning session for our day and
40 minutes of study before heading out the door again. We had conselho
and my brain literally was ready to explode. I have so much in my brain
and so many things I want to do that I need to organize all my thoughts
and focus on one thing at a time haha! It was good thought to hear what
the ward had to say about some of the people we can help. When we got
done with that it was time for weekly planning. Not my favorite thing
ever but man did we need it! We stopped teaching quite a fee people
honestly, you'll have to remind me to tell you why when I call.
Nonetheless, we still have so many people that we're teaching :)
I
hope this email all makes sense haha! I didn't have a ton of time to
reread it and make sure it does;) I cant wait to get to talk to you
today! I love you to the moon and back! 
