Email to Mom: Monday, October 3, 2021

From: Kaitlyn.garcia@missionary.org
To: Mom
Date: Monday, October 4, 2021
Subject: One Whole Week in Brasil!

Hey hey hey! 
Okay so I can't guarantee that you'll get an email like this every week kkkk but this week you do! :) 
This week honestly had been pretty slow not gonna lie. I think a lot of it has to do with the fact that on Thursday Sister Da Mata started to feel really sick so we haven't been able to do much, especially with just one phone sabe? She's still not going too great, but she's doing better. 
We had zone conference! It was so good too! Kind of a repetition of the zone conferences I had in the states, but just different enough. They talked about using the Book of Mormon in our lessons and how to get members involved. Literally what Elder Bennett talked about with us in the mission tour! It was a bit of a shock that I could understand everything that was going on too haha! The picture you saw was a mix up in our lunch Haha! President Nordfelt ordered pizza but somewhere down the line the AP's thought he didn't so they ordered McDonalds. That meant we had double the food Haha! That picture is what we took home for dinner because there was so much food ;) I also got to see Sister Zaugg! She's the sweetest and loved that I had peanut butter for her ;)
As far as sleep goes, it's getting there haha! The sun rises at 5:30am here and I wake up. We also have members that send messages around that time in our group chat that wakes me up too. Last night though I slept pretty good, not too many interruptions. I don't feel 100% if I'm gonna be real Haha! I know I'm a missionary but the work here is so so different. I'm still trying to adjust to that and make heads and tails of what's going on around me. It'll all come with time:) I had interviews with President Nordfelt this week and he said that I just need to be patient with myself and take all the curve balls basically. 
That video literally took us all day kkkk! The phones here and access to all the stuff I had before is non existent here so when I say it took all day, it literally took all day. It's not my most favorite video, but it did the job. 
I've had one meal inside a members house and it was lunch haha! That's the big meal here ;) As far as street contracting goes, we can do it but because Sister Da Mata didn't feel goo the majority of this week, we didn't really leave the apartment. 
B has been in braces forever!! When I get home she'll have them off and be totally different. I think shell look more grown up, I don't know how I feel about that one ;) 
What a disaster with Cowboy!! The more things that happen while I'm on my mission, the less I want to really talk to any of them when I get home. Is that bad?? You'll have to keep me posted on what ends up happening. I think that everyone knew from the start that having Cowboy was a bad idea. 
I love pilates! I did a lot of it with Sister Parrish for our 30 minutes in the morning. I'm glad you like it! My heart hurts for poor Teesa though. Is there anything I can do? 
I talked to Kevin too! I think it's hilarious that you guys were talking haha! He said that he wants to just end the mission and start a new chapter in his life. I just hope he's happy st the end of the day:) He also told me that he wants to be at the airport when I come home, I'll let you talk to him about that one haha! ;)
As for conference! First off, as soon as they started singing 'Consider the Lilies' I told Sister Da Mata that you were either crying or smiling ;) This time around it was very different from the states Haha! For starters it was all in Portugues so my notes and everything aren't even in english because my brain can't work like that haha! The other thing is that because of the time difference the first session is at 1PM the second at 5PM and the last one started at 9PM. We were able to watch the ones at 1PM and 5PM but not the kne at 9PM because we need sleep haha! :) We actually watched it at the church to use the Wifi and we even set the phone up on the microphone at the pulpit because the fans were so loud in the capela. I was able to understand most of what was being said and I loved Rasbands about things too :) I think I'm going to study them again once they're on Gospel Library in english to make sure I even understood them correctly Haha! I don't think I have a favorite yet though! I have so many questions and things in my mind and somehow all of it seemed to be answered :) I seriously LOVE conference! 
I'm making my way through Alma right now! I had a few setbacks because of the move to Brasil and not having a ton of time to study on the plane like I thought I was going to :/ But as of today I'm in Alma 44 so I'm getting there! I'm determined to finish it by my birthday haha! Also my countdown looks crazy!! I can't believe that next time I talk to you I'll be almost halfway done! 
As for this week! It's been all over the place really haha! Not having area Book like I did in the states is really messing with me I won't lie. Not only that but having Sister Da Mata not feel good for 4 days has set things back and well. I'm feeling a little defeated but I've found that the more time I spend in the scriptures to meet my goal, the better I've felt:) I'm loving Brasil too! Every sweaty, hot, sweltering second of it Haha! I think I'll come home and be sucked dry like a raisin;) Or I'll just sweat all my internal water off and loose a million pounds Haha! You know just as much as I do that I don't like the adjustment period of life;) but I'm learning that with time everything will come. For crying out loud, the Book of Mormon wasnt translated in 2 days! ;) 
Today we have zone pday (say what?!) So I don't know what the day looks like as far as calling or chatting :/ I'll try my very best but just know that I love you! It's crazy that even all the way in Brasil I can feel your love (and Tyler and B too;) so strong :) I can't wait to talk with you today! 
I love you to the moon and back forever and for always 💗 

P.s I got your birthday package at zone conference! You're the BEST! I opened the good but the other package I'm saving ;) THANK YOU THANK YOUUUUU

Popular posts from this blog

Mom's Talk: Sunday, July 10, 2022

Week 1 Email: I have a new Mom