Week 38 Email: The One With Coconuts

From: Kaitlyn.garcia@missionary.org
Date: Monday, October 4, 2021
Subject: The One With Coconuts

Bom Dia gente! 
Como vocês estão?? This week was absolutely chuck full of so so many things, so sorry this email is a little bit longer! There is so much work here to be done in Pernambuco, I love it! But before I get into anything sorry about last weeks email Haha! I'm still trying to figure out how everything here works with just one phone ;) Sister Sa Mata and I had a good laugh after we realized I messed up last week haha! Feel free to email me and I'll try my best to get back to you guys!  Anyways, onto the highlights! 

- My first ever pday in Brasil, Sister Da Mata surprised me with Açaí! Man was it good too! If you know me, you know my love for ice cream, this takes a very close second;) Elder Legal if you're reading this, I understand your love ;) 
- I got to go to Zone Conference again! I love Zone Conference! I was able to meet some other missionaries that are serving here. Not only that but we had a mix up of lunch and ended up with pizza AND McDonalds for lunch 
- Speaking of Zone Conference, it was amazing! We talked a lot about the Book of Mormon and how we need to use it as often as possible. There is SO much power in the Book :) 
- I had my very first coconut here in Brasil! We were walking and saw a coconut stand so we stopped by. We ended up with fresh coconuts with straws stuck in them ;) Pretty rad if you ask me! We then tried to open them, but we did not succeed... haha!
- This week was honestly a week of eating! We went to a Brazilian bakery and I had my first Beazilian coxinha. 10/10 Would recommended
- We taught so many lessons this week! Not only that but we also found 10 new people! There is so much work to do here :) 
- Sister Da Mata hit her 8 months on the mission! Woot woot! We went on quite the hunt to find her a candle so she could put it in some ice cream 

Spiritual Thought 
This week we had General Conference! My favorite time of the year! Woot woot! If you didn't get a chance to watch it, make sure you make some time to watch it here soon:) I wish I could pick something that was my favorite but I can't pick just one thing! I do have to give a shout out to Elder Douglas that spoke, he was recently in the MBM with us:) But for this week I wanted to reiterate what President Nelson asked us to look for during Conference. He asked us to look for 3 things; Pure Truth, Pure Doctrine, and Pure Revelation. One theme that really stuck out to me this weekend was the simpleness of the gospel. The gospel of Jesus Christ contains the pure revelations, the pure truths, and the pure doctrine of Jesus Christ. I can promise that as you look for the truths, the Lord will bless you and you'll come to know things for yourself. Man am I grateful for General Conference:) I hope you all have a chance to read or watch the amazing talk again! 

Sorry this weeks email is a little bit longer! So much happened this week haha! Thanks for all your love and support :) Vocês são incríveis! Let me know if there's anything that I can do for you this week:) 
Amo vocês! 

Beijos,
Sister Garcia
Fotos!
Zone Conference !
Conference Snacks :)
Sister Da Mata
Coconuts
Açaí


Popular posts from this blog

Mom's Talk: Sunday, July 10, 2022

Week 1 Email: I have a new Mom