Week 39 Email: The One With 24 Hour Exchanges

From: Kaitlyn.garcia@missionary.org
Date: Monday, October 11, 2021
Subject: The One With 24 Hour Exchanges

Bom dia!! 

Hey hey hey! How are you guys? This week was hot, hot, hot! I'm determined to get a solid chaco tan line by the time I come home from the sun here;) I will say though, it's odd to think that I'm in summer right now and not in fall haha! This week also flew by and we had a lot going on so I'm just gonna get right into the highlights! 

- I had my first Zone pday! It was so fun to get to see all the missionaries in my zone and get to hangout with them. Lunch is the big meal here in Brasil so we all jumped in and made a giant lunch:) Unfortunately, with all the fun we were having we didn't take a single photo...oops! 
- I had exchanges this week too! I got to go Maranguape with Sister Xavier! We had some really solid lessons and street contacting too. We also found a family that had some pretty young kids and when they found out I'm from the United States, they wanted me to say all this stuff in English haha! 
- I learned that the mangos here are 10,000 times better than the mangos in the US, but I had no idea how to cut them because they're massive haha! Thankfully I have Sister Da Mata to help ;) 
- We had some really solid lessons this week too! We had a lesson with our friend Celia and her family :) We had a super powerful lesson about prophets and why we have them today 
- We also had a really cool lesson with our friend, Roberto! The Restoration and First Vision are so so powerful:) It was funny too, because at the end of the lesson he looked at me and then asked where I was from haha! Garcia is a popular last name here so more often than not people expect me to say some state in Brasil
- Roberto came to church and he said he would come next week! God is too good :) 

Spiritual Thought 
This week I was studying in Alma, such a good book by the way ;) I was reading specifically about the stripling warriors and all the strategies that were used and how the Lord blessed them for their righteous acts. On verse really stood out to me: "Now this was the faith of these whom I have spoken; they are young, and their minds are firm, and they do put their trust in God continually." I've been thinking a lot lately on how trusting in the Lord is the easiest yet the hardest thing to do haha! But this verse is so simple, it says that they continually trusted. The Lord has never given us a reason not to trust in Him, so we are we so quick to withdraw it? I don't have an answer (yet!) but I would invite all of you to think about how you can better trust the Lord this week. I'd love to hear your thoughts too so feel free to shoot me an email! :)

Thank you guys for all your love, support, and emails! Vocês são incríveis:) I hope you all have the best week! Let me know what I can do for you :) 

Beijos, 
Sister Garcia 


Fotos!
The district!
Exchanges with Sister Xavier
Açaí of course ;)
Paudalho!
Glasses squad ;)


Popular posts from this blog

Mom's Talk: Sunday, July 10, 2022

Week 1 Email: I have a new Mom