Week 40 Email: The One With 9 Months
From: Kaitlyn.garcia@missionary.org
Date: Monday, October 18, 2021
Subject: The One With 9 Months
Bom dia meus amigos!!
How
are you guys!? Hopefully you're all doing well and staying warm in the
cooler weather ;) It's pretty weird for it to be October and 94 degrees
outside with no sign of fall I won't lie haha! This week was full of so
so many miracles so I'm just gonna get straight into it :)
-
Our friends Julia and Daniel are reading the Book of Mormon on their
own! We call them to check in on them and how their reading is going and
they love the Book of Mormon :)
- We were able to
get in contact with our friend Santana! She's a super sweet little old
lady but she loves to talk haha! She's super willing to hear about the
gospel though, so hopefully we can keep in contact with her
-
We had the coolest experience with a member referral! Her name is Thais
and Irmã Renata is a rockstar :) Member missionaries are the BEST!
-
I'M HALFWAY.... This week I hit my 9 months as a missionary! How wild
is that?! You guys have been reading my emails for 9 whole months haha!
I've loved every minute of my mission and I can't think of anything I'd
rather be doing :)
- We had a street contact and
she ASKED for a Book of Mormon! That was a first haha! She's super solid
and Sister Da Mata and I are excited to teach her
-
Sister Da Mata and I waited 2 hours for hamburgers and didn't even end
up getting hamburgers haha! It's okay though, because we got them the
next day ;)
- We had such a good family night with
some less active families on Sunday and I had my first cachorro quente
;) 10/10 would eat again haha!
Spiritual Thought
Well
as I thought about what I wanted to share with you guys this week I
drew a bit of a blank. I have so much that I could share, but I'm just
going to keep it simple today :) Missions are tough, life is hard, but
there is ALWAYS a light at the end of the tunnel. There is always hope
at the end of a hard day. It's the Restored gospel of Jesus Christ. I've
loved every minute of these past 9 months and I can say that I have
never felt so close to my Savior or felt so much joy. This was never
meant to be easy, becoming more like the Savior is hard. But He is
ALWAYS on our side :) I love this gospel with everything I am and I
wouldn't trade this for the world. I can promise that when you feel like
all hope is lost or that you're totally alone, the Savior is not only
next to you, but He is carrying you if you let Him. Let Him :)
I
just wanted to thank you guys for all your love and support these past 9
months! You guys are amazing and I love you! I hope you all have the
best week! Let me know what I can do for you :)
Amo vocês!
Beijos,
Sister Garcia
Fotos!
| Views in Carpina |
| The best Book:) |
| 9 Meses!! |
| Estamos em Casa |
| Sister Da Mata and Sister Garcia |