Week 41 Email: The One With An Apostle

From: Kaitlyn.garcia@missionary.org
Date: Monday, October 25, 2021
Subject: The One With An Apostle

Oi pessoal! 

How are you guys? How's the Halloween preparations going? It's strange to think that people are getting ready for Halloween because here in Brasil it doesn't really exist haha! Somebody make sure to eat a pumpkin chocolate chip cookie for me :) This week consisted of lots of playing doctor and of course filled with the Spirit ;) Now onto the highlights! 

- We had lunch with Irmã Roberta and I've come to the conclusion that every Irmã here is just trying to fatten me up haha! 
- I learned that tranças (braids) are common here but a lot of people don't know how to do them so I get to be a hairdresser ;) 
- We had such an amazing lesson with our friend Thais! She started reading the Book of Mormon and wants to come to church! 
- Sister Da Mata had quite the week of health problems infelizmente :/ That meant that I got to tap into my pre-mission medical knowledge and try to help haha! 
- I had a lot of time to study due to the situation with Sister Da Matas health and let me just tell you how TRUE the Book of Mormon is :) 
- All the missionaries in Brasil had the privilege to hear from Elder Soares this week! We were able to watch as a district in Caramagibe and man did I love every minute :) Elder Soares is truly an Apostle of the Lord 
- We had a full isle on sunday at church with the primary kids haha! The kids here love the missionaries and wanted to sit by us and chat 
- Somehow I've been in Brasil for an entire month already?!? 

Spiritual Thought 
This week my thought comes straight from Elder Soares :) Man do I love that man! It was so amazing to hear from him (and in Português!) and learn from him. One thing that really stood out to me was just how personally the Lord knows each of us and how graceful He is. The Savior literally stand with His arms open and ready to receive each of us. Not only that but He sees every effort that we put in and through His grace, we are able to succeed. He is ready and willing to make up what we can't. He knows our limits, our boundaries, our breaking points. And through all that, through His grace we are saved and able to accomplish the impossible:)  Que incrível!! 

You made it through another email woot woot!  Thank you all for your love and support, it really means a lot:) I hope you all have the greatest week and remember to enjoy the little moments. Let me know what I can do for you this week! 

Amo vocês! 

Beijos, 
Sister Garcia 

Fotos! (I was the worst at fotos this week... desculpa!) 
Doctor visit, clearly Sister Da Mata was focused haha!
Last DC of the transfer
Devotional with the District
Goats we see every Sunday on our way to church:)


Popular posts from this blog

Mom's Talk: Sunday, July 10, 2022

Week 1 Email: I have a new Mom