Email from Mom: November 27, 2021
From: Mom
To: Kaitlyn.garcia@missionary.org
Date: Saturday, November 27, 2021
Subject: No shopping for me
Well...Black Friday has come and gone and the only store I hit? The
Home Depot with Tyler to get a scraper for the floor in the basement to
finish the removal of the old carpet and pad. :/ I need you home! Ha
How
was your week? How did the rest of it go after talking with you on
Thursday? Did your run around day yesterday work out and you didn't feel
rushed at all or were you all over the place and a little bit of a
'chicken with it's head cut off'? It sounded like you had a full full
day. Did your exchanges (or what we will refer to as such since that
wasn't really how it played out) go ok? And did you get your no more
temporary approval to stay in Brazil card?
Things here
finished our week with getting the basement furniture out of the living
room and the carpet and pad removed. It is super loud down there now and
echoes a LOT. I am excited to have the carpet done and to have it match
throughout the house. I am also really excited to get the plastic sound
out from under your feet. I was pretty grossed out at the amount of
hair and bobby pins in your room along with the amount of food and candy
wrappers that were under the sofa in the living room. :/ New rules will
definitely have to come into play moving forward. Especially after the
cost of the nice carpet we are getting instead of the cheap one we had
before. Anyways...Tyler and I went bedroom furniture shopping today too.
Nothing exciting and everything is out until like April so there is no
point in ordering anything right now. I would love a new set but really
in the end, what we have is great and there is no need to really replace
it. It is always fun to go and look though. But it is COLD as ever
today out there so I am good with staying in too. I am not ready for
Winter.
B is at Cutler's today and Tyler is working on
the garage. I don't know doing what but he is out there braving the
weather to do so. I was up early today and so I caught up my Instagram
for my chatbooks and holy cow...I was behind! I ended up filling enough
for 3 or 4 new ones to come my way. Feels good though.
The
elves came back and it was actually kinda sad to only see 1 shoe out
instead of 3. Brooklyn wasn't 100% sold on the idea of leaving it out
but she did anyways. She didn't write a letter to Santa because she said
she had already texted me her list. :) The elves arrived and really she
doesn't care so much. It is really kinda killing me! I moved them last
night and she didn't even really have much to say about them. Maybe this
will be the year of the wild, funny, and perhaps even inappropriate so
she will be involved...we will have to see.
We have our
Christmas Vacation party on the 3rd that I am going to be pushing with
all week. Carpet should be 2 days is all and then we can start moving
bedrooms back and getting the house back in order so that we can set up
the photo prop area in the basement. That is the hope. We will see. I
have plenty of things to do in order to get ready for that but part of
me today is wanting to cancel it all together. I just don't really want
to do people today. Maybe by Friday I will feel differently. Maybe.
Fingers crossed anyways. :) B started Accutane this week too. I think
she is super duper excited to have a light at the end of the tunnel with
the acne battle she has been dealing with. She also has an ortho final
evaluation this week on Thursday too. Hopefully everything looks good
and we can schedule to get the darn braces off sooner than later. She
won't know what to do with no more braces and no more acne! Like a whole
new human being. :) She has only 3 weeks of school left for the year
and then she is out for Christmas vacation and then holy cow it will be
2022. I don't know about you but this year has flown by! We still have
plenty to get done in the next month but I am sure it will just add to
the speed in which time is going.
Transfers are coming up
quick for you. I can't believe how fast the weeks go and when I look at
number of transfers it seems even more crazy. Are you feeling any
different in regards to maybe you stay in Carpina or still you feel like
it will be Sister Da Mata? Was she there already or she is new there
too? I can't remember, sorry. How are your friends progressing? Were you
able to drop off the Book of Mormon's like you had hoped to? I think
often throughout my days about all the good you are doing and the stuff
you are sharing with those there and I just sit here and grin. I need to
be more like you and be willing to go do the same. I just get so dang
content in my zone you know? :)
Well, I won't keep you. I
know you have plenty to do that is far more important than reading an
email from your crazy Mom (not as crazy as Grandma though right?!) but I
wanted to be sure to let you know that I love you and I hope you have a
great night and sleep well. I hope the littles find you tomorrow at
church and that you have the best Sunday too. I hope to have a chance to
see you on Monday and hear how your weekend went. Always know I have
you in my thoughts and prayers.
I love you for forever and for always. To the moon and back,
Mom