Email from Mom: Sunday, November 21, 2021

From: Your Momma!
Date: Sunday, November 21, 2021
Subject: Sundays

Hey! Happy Sunday to you.How are you? How was your week? How are things progressing with your dear friends you are working with? My real question however is how many friendship bracelets did you get made and distributed this week? Ha ha ha!

Things are starting to feel normal around here with quiet non-eventful weeks. I have enjoyed the slow down of what life is doing. I have decided to very conscientiously make commitments and it has been so good for my brain to not be over committed. I am not doing 12 days of Christmas, I am not volunteering for things that come our way, and I learning to think things through before extending an invitation. It really is nice to not open my eyes in the morning and be overwhelmed with what could be on a to do list.

Brooklyn came down with some sort of something towards the end of the week. She stayed home Thursday and Friday was a flex day so no school. Part of me wonders if she made it seem worse than it was because Cutler was going to be out of town on Thursday too but it is what it is and she will have plenty of makeup work to take care of. She has a small cough and her voice sounds a little funny but other than that she seems on the mend. Jada came and hung out with her while Tyler and I went to the work holiday dinner (more on that in a minute) last night so I am confident in saying that school this next week (the 2 days she has it anyways) will be a go.

We had our Relief Society holiday dinner on Friday night. Frustrating. We planned for 1/2 of the Sisters in the ward, so 60. We had less than 20 there. Pathetic really. And the expense that was put out just frustrates the heck out of me. And then to top it off, Katherine Chelius was in charge of the activity, I gave her a budget and she went almost $400 OVER it. Ugh...I am sure the Bishop will have plenty to say about that. I guess they can fire me. And today I would be okay with it. Our ward is super frustrating and slowly dies a little more every single week. Our average number of attendees on a Sunday is less than 75. When someone moves out a non member or inactive member moves in. Nobody can be friendly because it is like some weird competition to be better than everyone or everyone tries to act like it is a blessing that we get to have them be a part of the ward or even make an appearance. Nobody smiles or waves, nobody shakes a hand or extends a hug. It is the most bizarre thing ever. Tyler and I have seriously considered going to the ward in Oakley to see how that looks. People split between two homes all the time. I don't see why we couldn't do the same. Especially when we aren't really being spiritually 'fed' if you will in our current home ward. Hard to admit to my missionary daughter but I guess being honest is better than hiding it right?

Our work holiday dinner, or well Tyler's work holiday dinner (I realized last night just how removed he has made me), was interesting to say the least. I didn't know but maybe 5 people and there were a total of 26 there. The restaurant Tracie chose was downtown and it was horrible. I will never go back nor recommend it to anyone. The price was ridiculous that Tyler paid, the food was terrible, the employees are ungrateful and still expect a bonus on a paycheck in addition to this stupid expensive night out, and in the end I realized that even as much as Tyler wants to say it is 'ours'...it clearly is not. I don't want to sound ungrateful in acknowledging that he is working his guts out so I can be a Mom and wife and do what it is that makes me happy but it is sure hard to not feel like I am a part of things anymore too. And if that wasn't enough, it was sure hard to watch as Tyler interacted with all of the staff and the super friendly way he did with certain employees. Needless to say, as I climbed into bed last night I had a gazillion thoughts (none of which were good) running through my mind that have carried into today and I would like to just climb into bed and hope that tomorrow will be better. Ugh...grown up life.

We have started your challenge of reading The Book of Mormon. I have been pleasantly surprised by both Brooklyn and Tyler and their willingness to not just read it but discuss it so that understanding is happening too along the way. I am so grateful for you extending that to all of us. :) Thank you.

We have 2 days of school this week and then Thanksgiving break. B has her first dermatologist appointment to start accutane this week on Wednesday as well. I am not going to Grandma's this year for Thanksgiving or for Christmas. I don't want to go and fake being pleased and happy to be around sisters of mine who are unwilling to address whatever issues they have with me. I think it will be healthy and incredibly beneficial to take a year off. Christmas is set up upstairs, we will rip out carpet in the basement this next weekend, new carpet goes in next Monday the 29th and then we will set up Christmas down there. I think B is excited to get the tree up and decorated with everyone's ornaments.

I love you. And I need you to know that as well as know that I have you in my thoughts always. I know I have said over and over as you have served how proud I am of you but I really really need you to know that I recognize daily that you have chosen to do something that not many do and you have chosen to do that in a time where our world is freaking NUTS! I absolutely love watching as you continue to grow into this amazing adult who is doing things every single moment of your day that will benefit others. Selfless and humble. You amaze me and I am so grateful for your example day in and day out. I hope you have the best Sunday.

I love you for forever and for always. To the moon and back,
Mom

Popular posts from this blog

Week 1 Email: I have a new Mom