Phone Call: Monday, November 1, 2021
Sister Garcia is doing well. She sounds SO good and so happy. She had the best birthday celebration and Sister Da Mata served her and spoiled her rotten. She made her breakfast and even an ice cream cake! What?! She also was invited to dinner at one of the Irma's homes where they spoiled her even more. I was so grateful to hear that even away from home someone had my girl and made her day as special as it could be.
We talked a little more about Thais and her husband, who is super freaky, and what the game plan is there. Both Sister Da Mata and Sister Garcia included their experience in their emails to the President this week and decided they will wait to see him this week during their mission tour to discuss face to face rather than in an email or a text. I think that is a good call. I cannot imagine experiencing this and seeing essentially the devil if you will, right in front of you. Thankfully the Lord protected these two sweet missionaries and I have faith that all will be well again.
Sister Garcia had a busy week of running around again with Sister Da Mata in order to get her Covid vaccine all squared away but she also is experiencing Brazil and leaving her sweet tender happy spirit with those that she comes in contact with. It takes my breath away quite literally to see in her eyes when we get to talk just how much she LOVES being a missionary and just how much she is relishing in her time serving the Lord.
Technology is the coolest thing. We are blessed beyond measure to have what we have at our fingertips and to be able to have a kiddo serving in Brazil, while I am here in Herriman, Utah, call and check in and make it so that I can 'see' how she is doing is truly something I will never take for granted.
Keep up the good work. I am so proud of you,
Mom