Week 42 Email: The One With 20

From: Kaitlyn.garcia@missionary.org
Date: Monday, November 1, 2021
Subject: The One With 20

Oiiiiiiiii! 
Happy one day late Halloween! I hope you all ate something pumpkin and watched Hocus Pocus ;)  This week went by so quick! I honestly don't know where the time is going, somehow I literally turned 20 years old too?! How did that even happen?? I have a lot for this week so I'm just gonna get right into it :) 

- Monday we had a quick day trip to Recife to get some things done at the hospital for Sister Da Mata. Recife is literally so pretty, Brasil is just so pretty honestly:) 
- Sister Da Mata got her second dose of the COVID vaccine and is still alive and thriving haha! 
- We had some interesting lessons and we learned a lot about trusting the Spirit and the importance of member present lessons. So if a missionary asks you to be in a lesson, please say yes! 
- We had a lesson with our friend Roberto and I got to hold his pet bird. Somebody call me Snow White ;) 
- We had a really great training from our Counselor in our mission about how we can improve our street contacting and saw some miracles when we applied it 
- I turned 20?! Sister Da Mata literally made my whole day and we had the sweetest members throw me a party :) I couldn't have asked for anything better! Brazilians love so big :) 
- We were able to get Miguel a Book of Mormon this week! We had a day in Paudalho and were able to meet up with him :) 
- Sister Da Mata and I have come to the conclusion that all the kids in the ward must think we truly are the Primary Presidents of something haha! They always come and sit with us and now it's an every Sunday occurence:) 

Spiritual Thought 
This week I wanted to share my testimony of the Book of Mormon with you all :) I had a goal to read the Book of Mormon by my birthday and I finally finished this week! I know without a doubt that the Book of Mormon is true. There is absolutely no way that it can't be. The stories that are inside, the testimonies that are born, the words of the Savior, everything is meant for this day. I would highly recommend taking some time today or this week to ponder how you feel about the Book of Mormon. If you don't have your own personal witness and testimony, pretty please pick it up and read it :) I'd be more than happy to help you on your journey too ;) 

Sorry for the long email this week, but there was too much to include :) Thank you all for your sweet birthday messages this week too! I seriously felt so so loved :) I hope you all have the greatest week! Let me know what I can do for you:) 

Amo vocês! 

Beijos,
Sister Garcia 

Fotos!
Irmã Ivaniede and her fam :)
Birthday Breakfast da Sister Da Mata
I held a bird!
Carpina skies :)
Post COVID vaccine for Sister Da Mata

Birthday celebration from Irmãs Renata and Roberta!

Popular posts from this blog

Mom's Talk: Sunday, July 10, 2022

Week 1 Email: I have a new Mom