Week 43 Email: The One With A Mission Tour Pt. 2
From: Kaitlyn.garcia@missionary.org
Date: Monday, November 8, 2021
Subject: The One With A Mission Tour Pt. 2
Olá pessoal!
Como vai? I hope you
all had a great week and are enjoying November! How is it already
November?? This year is absolutely flying by:) I think I'm finally
starting to understand what my parents always said about time going by
quickly;) This week we had a Mission Tour! I've been super lucky to have
had one in the states and now one here:) I could go on forever about
this, but instead I'm just gonna get into the highlights!
-
I tried to make some chocolate chip cookies and boy did I try haha!
Definitely have some room to improve but they were made with love and
Elder Reis liked them haha! ;)
- Sister Da Mata
hit her 9 month mark woot woot!! We celebrated by having lunch at a
super chique doceria that's Paris themed. Imagine that, Paris in
Carpina, Brasil haha!
- We got to stay in a hotel for a night because we had a huge mission tour this week! :)
-
Speaking of the mission tour, it was AMAZING!! It was such a spiritual
and amazing experience with Elder Juan A. Uceda from the 70! I seriously
don't even have words for how amazing it was:) This truly is the Lord's
church and He is at the helm
- One night this
week while walking back to our apartment we got stopped by this drunk
guy that was trying to tell us riddles haha! When we asked his name all
he said was it started with an L. Don't drink kids haha!
- Fast and testimony meeting was so good this week too:) We also had all the kids with us again, shocker I know ;)
-
We had also made cuzcuz! Woot woot! I won't lie, it was pretty good but
I have some saudades for Maria Faitmas sweet cuzcuz back in Rhode
Island ;)
Spiritual Thought
This
week was full of so many thoughts because of the mission tour haha! It
was amazing to hear from Elder Uceda and I honestly got some answers
that I had been looking for. He talked a lot about prayer and how we
need to get rid of our routine prayers. Prayers often start the same way
because we get into a routine, but we need to change that!! One thing
he said that really stuck out to me was, "Prayer is a moment in Heaven!"
It truly is! When we pray we're literally opening a window to Heaven to
get to talk to our Heavenly Father. When we change the way we pray and
really pray with our heart, answers come. Revelation comes. Peace and
hope come. I definitely needed to hear that and I can truly say that as
I've prayed with my heart this week I've been able to see a difference:)
So you already know there's an invite;) This week I hope all of you can
pray with a little bit more intent and really take that moment in
Heaven seriously with a little more meaning:)
Thank
you all for your love and support and for all your emails! I love
hearing from you guys and knowing what's going on :) Feel free to shoot
me and email and I'll try my best to get back to you! Vocês são
incríveis! Have the best week! Let me know if there's anything I can do
for you :)
Amo vocês!
Beijos,
Sister Garcia:)