Week 44 Email: The One With A Fridge
From: Kaitlyn.garcia@missionary.org
Date: Monday, November 15, 2021
Subject: The One With A New Fridge
Bom dia todos!!
I hope you all are
doing so good and had the best week! This week was seriously so good!
We really implemented the things we learned from our mission tour last
week and saw so many miracles:) Here was my week!
- We got our weekly açaí on Monday night and I've decided I'm gonna have some major saudades of açaí when I'm home
-
We had so many lessons this week! I realized just how much I love
teaching and that I truly wouldn't rather be doing anything else :)
- One of our referrals sent us an audio of her singing a Hino and it was the best 4 minutes ever haha!
-
We had such a good DC this week! We had it combined with another
district and they just got 2 new Americans. It's crazy to think that I
was once brand new in Brasil.
- We got a new
fridge!! Our old was was literally breaking and leaking water from the
freezer all over the place...oops! But now we have a new one:)
-
I ate bode (goat!) this week for lunch at a members house and it wasn't
bad at all! Sister Da Mata wasn't a fan, but I thought it was good
haha!
- On Sunday we got to help with the Primary
Program practice and let me tell you that little kids singing in
Português is the cutest thing ever!
Spiritual Thought
This
week I had some really amazing studies in the Book of Mormon,
specifically in Alma :) I always have a love hate relationship with Alma
haha! I LOVE that book, but it's always the book that takes me the
longest to read. In chapter 19 it talks about Lamoni and his family and
how they all fell into a trance and were given so many blessing and even
converted to the Lord. In verse 14 it says, "Now Ammon seeing the
Spirit of the Lord poured out according to his prayers upon the
Lamanites, ... he fell upon his knees, and began to pour out his soul in
prayer and thanksgiving to God for what he had done for his brethren;
and he was also overpowered with joy; ..." The Lord is willing and ready
to pour our blessings in our lives! I love that it says that He did so
according to the prayers of Ammon, we have access to these great
blessings simply by the power of prayer:) I also love that it says that
Ammon went to the Lord to thank Him. We should always remember to thank
the Lord for everything we have and everything He's given us when we've
asked:) Not only that but it's through the power of prayer,
faithfulness, and the Lord's blessing that we can feel the same joy that
Ammon felt :)
This week
was a longer email so sorry about that! Hopefully some of you stuck
around to keep reading ;) I hope you all are prepping your stomachs for
Thanksgiving coming up soon too! I hope you all have the most amazing
week! Let me know what I can do for you:)
Amo vocês!
Beijos,
Sister Garcia