Week 45 Email: The One With 'Friends'

From: Kaitlyn.garcia@missionary.org
Date: Monday, November 22, 2021
Subject: The One With 'Friends'

Bom dia meus amigos! 
How are you guys? Hopefully you're all doing well and staying warm :) If not I'll send you some sun from Carpina! This week was jam packed as always and we had interviews! I'm just gonna get straight into it this week :) 

- On Monday night we had a little lizard friend come and hangout with us while we taught our lessons! 
- I learned how to make Strogonoff (from São Paulo;) and it didn't turn out half bad AND I got the approval from Sister Da Mata so that's a win if you ask me ;)
- We had interviews with President Nordfelt this week and I got some great advice and we had a really cool study of the D&C :) 
- We had a super great District Counsel this week and somehow I got talked into making cookies for next week so wish my luck! 
- Speaking of cookies, I made some more Haha! One of my favorite Irmãs has been begging for some so of course I had to deliver :) 
- We had AMAZING lessons with our friends this week! If you guys could send some prayers for our friend, Mayara that would be greatly appreciated :) 
- We had not one, but TWO barattas (cockroaches) in our apartment this week! Sister Da Mata has a huge phobia so I was an exterminator this week;) 
- We had the cutest little primary program on Sunday! The primary kids sang their little hearts out and the Spirit was so strong
- Just an update for those of you that are still reading, my Chaco tan line is coming in very nicely Haha! Also Sister Farnsworth if you're reading this, I'm sorry you can't wear Chacos in the MBM ;) 

Spiritual Thought 
This week I wanted to share something I've learned but also slide in a quick Thanksgiving thought of course ;) This past week in interviews, President Nordfelt and I talked about having a DAILY experience with Jesus Christ. What does that mean? Well, it's different for everyone! We have the amazing opportunity and access to the power of the Savior in our lives simply because we're children of God. Que maravilha! We can each have a personal and daily experience with the Savior through prayer, scripture study, singing hymns, listening to talks, whatever floats your boat :) As I was pondering this I realized how truly thankful I am for the Savior and for all the chances we have to grow closer to Him :) I found this scripture this week as well that I just want to leave with you guys :) 
Alma 34:38 "That ye contend no more against the Holy Ghost, but that ye receive it, and take upon you the name of Christ; that ye humble yourselves even to the dust, and worship God, in whatsoever place ye may be in, in spirit and in truth; and that ye live in thanksgiving daily, for the many mercies and blessings which he doth bestow upon you." 

Sorry for the long email this week! I promise I don't start with an intent for these to be a novel haha! But if you're still reading, you're the real ones :) I just wanted to say thank you to each one of you for all your love and support! I'm so incredibly grateful for each and every single one of you in my life. I love and miss you all! I hope you all have the BEST Thanksgiving this week :) Ps  somebody make sure to watch the Thanksgiving episode of Friends for me! 

Amo vocês! 

Beijos,
Sister Garcia:)

Fotos
A very blurry picture of our second baratta friend because he was too speedy ;)
Our first baratta friend
Mr. Mix Milkshake
My first Strogonoff!
Our lizard friend


Popular posts from this blog

Mom's Talk: Sunday, July 10, 2022

Week 1 Email: I have a new Mom