Week 46: The One With Guarana Jesus
From: Kaitlyn.garcia@missionary.org
Date: Monday, November 29, 2021
Subject: The One With Guarana Jesus
Bom dia meus amigos!
Como vai? I
hope you're all doing good and aren't in a food coma from all the Turkey
you ate this week ;) As always it was a busy week! The Lord is really
working had out here in Carpina :)
-
We had an absolute miracle on Monday to really kick off the week! We
got a referral and after he accepted our message he referred his fiance
and now we have two new friends :)
- I tried
Guarana Jesus (soda) for the first time and it tastes like bubblegum
fluoride at the dentist, wouldn't recommend to a friend haha!
-
We had to go into Recife to get some paperwork finished up so I don't
get shipped back to the states anytime soon haha! Recife is so so
pretty! :) I didn't get any pictures though, sorry!
- We saw a ton of little miracles throughout the week! I promise if you look for them then become so much easier to see :)
-
I had my first Brazilian Thanksgiving! Na verdade, we didn't do
anything to celebrate because it's not a holiday here. However, Black
Friday is a big deal haha! The streets of Carpina were packed!
-
We had a fun day trip to Paudalho this week and I saw so so many
Christmas decorations! The Brazilian people LOVE Christmas haha! A lot
of them already have lights on palm trees and hanging from balconies :)
- We took some Book of Mormon's to some of our friends this week too so hopefully they'll all start really reading!
-
I met a woman this week that told us that us that the Devil tried to
kill her one night with VICKS Vapor Rub.... it was quite the story to
say the least haha!
Spiritual Thought
This
week I was rereading some of the talks from this past General
Conference. If you have some time I would highly recommend giving them a
read or a listen:) One talk really stood out to me, Elder Clark G.
Gilbert from the 70. He talked about math, crazy that I liked this talk I
know haha! But he talked about the parable of the slope and how
sometimes in life we get a little off course. It was interesting as he
talked about as humans we have a tendency to go in circles, but with
direction, we walk in a straight line. He talked a lot about how we can
get back on this straight line, but one thing he said really stood out
to me. "In the Lord’s timing, it is not where we start but where we are
headed that matters most." How true is that?! The Lord's timing is
everything and He is ALWAYS ready to help us. His focus is our end goal,
not the past. He cares about where we're going to end up, He cares
about our salvation :)
Sorry
again for the long email this week! We had a lot going on and the
Lord's work never stops :) I hope you all know how grateful I am for
each and every single one of you! I hope you all had the best
Thanksgiving, now onto the countdown for Christmas! ;) Have the best
week! Let me know what I can do for you :)
Amo vocês!
Beijos,
Sister Garcia
| Todas as crianças sempre ;) |
| Cute Heloise! |
| Carpina :) |
| Views! |
| Guarana Jesus |