Email from Mom: December 11, 2021

From: ME! :)
To: Kaitlyn.garcia@missionary.org
Date: Saturday, December 11, 2021
Subject: So. Freaking. COLD

Hey!
How are you? How was your wild week?? How did it work out to be in a trio for a little bit? Was it weird? How happy are you to have it back down to just two of you back in the apartment? I can't wait to hear how Sister Bradbeer is. Where did she come from? How did she do in the home CTM? You think language wise she will catch on and be great? How are you processing all of these changes? Did she end up needing the sheets and pillow that you picked up? I am hopeful that there was a package or two ready for you to pick up at the mission home?

I have had you on my mind so so much this week. I can't wait to see if you will be able to pin point why you have been asked to be an American missionaries trainer. I wonder what it will be and when and/or if you will be able to see the 'why' when it comes. So many exciting things happening you know?

Our week here was mostly consumed with the horrible crappy cold weather that arrived. I literally am sitting here right now in the office chair, socks on, minky blanket on my lap, and a heater blaring behind me. I start my days cold and I end my days cold. I hope that Winter goes by as quickly as your mission has gone! Fingers crossed. :) Charli finally got a haircut and that was a game changer for how she looks! She was ROUGH...seriously rough. Tyler and I also went to dinner with the Thornell's last night. I don't know why we agree to that...seriously. They are great but so freaking weird! We went to some weird spot in West Jordan that they love and speak only wonderful things about. It was like the Fortune Cookie but not really. I was so sick last night and this morning and Tyler said he was in the bathroom last night too. Needless to say, we won't be back there again if we can avoid it. Then during the whole time we were at dinner, Jaci and Rodney were taking facetime calls from their youngest (who is 10) who is 'so so sick'. Anyways...I couldn't handle the baby talk that was happening so I tapped Tyler on the leg and thankfully he caught on and we were able to bail out on that and head home.Jaci asks about you all the time. Says she loves getting your emails and says that she loves that she can tell in your emails that you are loving being a missionary. :) I love that people can sense that.

Today I got up and took Katherine Chelius to a cookie class over at Natalie's. Katherine has been trying her hand at cookies and loving it so I thought it would be fun for her. Plus it gave her a reason to get out of the house and just do something for herself you know? It was a lot of fun. And let's be honest, not having to bake the cookie or make the frosting makes cookie decorating way more fun! Plus having a grown up with you at class instead of a Shawna or an Andrea is a win too. I came home thinking I would make some more cookies but instead I climbed into my chair with the heater and blanket on and have since decided against it. I am also having a really  hard time keeping my eyes open! I am so sleepy for some reason. So pathetic. :/ We tossed an invite to the Millers to go to dinner but I think dollars must be tight so they passed. Tyler asked Banning if he and Jaime wanted to go but apparently Banning is hoping that Jaime left him and won't be back (yikes) so they also passed on dinner. Maybe we will do a take out from Cafe Rio or something and climb into bed early.

I have early morning meetings tomorrow, our last ward council for the year. Yay! Then church where I am teaching the Valiant 9 class so that Sydney Young can teach the Relief Society lesson. I am going to see if I can get Brooklyn to come with me. She dreads going to church so maybe if she can help in Primary that might be a drive for her to be happy to be there. Fingers crossed anyways. Monday I am excited to hear from you if it works out and from Elder Garcia too. His pictures look good..he looks happy this last week and I pray that is the case. Tyler and I have a booster shot for the Covid on Monday at 11:30 in the am and that is about it for our Monday. B gets braces off on Wednesday first thing and she is so freaking excited! Don't tell her I told you though...I am sure she will find a way to share the news with you for sure. Thursday I have the auxiliary presidency cookie/hot cocoa night here at the house with Natalie. I think it should be fun. I am hopeful anyways.

Tomorrow is a big day for you yes? I pray your baptism goes as planned and that everyone is feeling better and has peace in their hearts. I am excited for you to be a part of something so incredibly special and with a friend you have seen from start to finish. What an exciting time for you. I wish I could be there with you in person. I will be there in my thoughts and I will be here at home full of prayer and gratitude for the perseverance and dedication you have towards this Gospel and making sure that those who are willing will be able to learn all they need to in order to be able to make this first step. Mayara will always remember you and will count you as one of her greatest and most eternal blessings for the things you have taught her in word but also in your example. <3

You are doing truly amazing things and I am in awe at your strength and testimony. I learn from you daily and am blessed because I get to be known as your Mom. Man do I love you and holy moly am I so dang proud of all you are doing and who you are becoming with each passing day. I pray you are happy and that you too can feel the pure amazing of all the time and work you put into your calling as a missionary.

I love you to the  moon and back. Forever and for always.
Mom

Popular posts from this blog

Week 1 Email: I have a new Mom