Email from Mom: Friday, December 31, 2021

To: Kaitlyn.garcia@missionary.org
Date: Friday, December 31, 2021
Subject: Happy New Years!

🎉can you believe 2021 is going to be gone?! It flew by so fast. To think we started the year with you entering the home MTC and now you are getting ready to hit a full 12 months as a missionary is crazy. But so exciting too.

How has your week been? I swear it feels like forever since I have talked with you even though it’s only been a week. Anything new and/or exciting happen? How is Sister Bradbeer doing with the language? Were you able to talk to Pres Nordfelt about your concerns?

This week has been crazy busy. But let’s start with this…Betty White died today! She was going to be 100 in 17 days but instead died. Sad right? Next…the ENTIRE Miller clan has the Covid. Yep…all 6 of them and I am sure it is sending Jason right into his grave. We finally had to quit asking how they are doing because he is too much to try and understand his thinking.

Tyler and I went to the cabin to ready some more for new carpet. There was so much snow that he had to plow the driveway before we could pull in. The size of the mountain of snow that is left is crazy. There is more snow up there right now than there was all year last year. We also painted the multi bed room and the loft area. Decided to get rid of the mustard yellow up there and went a light beige with a light pink accent wall. The red wall going up the stairs also got painted light pink. It is subtle but my new favorite. I am going to dub the multi bed room the flower room and decorate with pink and navy. We will paint the back bedroom once the carpet is in and furniture is out of there. Eventually I’d like to update all of the paint but after the two rooms we did…I am reminded just how much I hate painting. So maybe it will be a thought for down the road.

B and I went and got our nails done yesterday. I was shocked she wanted to go but she is excited to show you what she chose. 😉I needed to have acrylics put on since anxiety has caused them to be bitten and chewed to nothing again. They are still pretty sore but hopefully they will get back to ‘normal’ again since I can’t pick or chew acrylics very well.

We had a winter advisory come in last night but I didn’t believe it. We have had them before and just laughed the next morning so…anyways. We woke up to a new 6”+ of HEAVY snow out there!! Tyer had to use the snowblower before he could use the 4 wheeler there was so much. I shoveled the walkway to the front door and around the garage doors and holy cow my arms are going to hate me in a bit. They are tender now so I am sure later they will be angry.

B was going to have friends over for New Years but I guess it sounds like maybe she will go to Cutler’s instead. I don’t know. Guess I will just wait and see. We were invited to the Stephens so maybe we will stop over but who knows. I don’t really want to stay up until midnight but we will see. I really would love to do games with the Millers but psycho Jason has their whole everything locked down tight!

I am ready for school to start again on Monday. I don’t think Brooklyn is. It’s time to get back to schedule you know? Have a reason to go to bed at a normal time, have some structure back to our days, and just feel like we are doing. I need to start back on the treadmill and I think my hamstring is repaired enough that it would welcome a small daily stretch of walking again. Plus then I would feel better about myself too.

We have Freshman orientation next week for B! Can you believe high school for her next year already? Holy cow. It happened so fast. I have my last round of laser hair removal for right now too since we leave for Hawaii the end of the month. I think I am going to pay to have Tyler go get his back and chest done…I wonder if he will be open to that. We will probably be at the cabin next weekend to put the place back together and paint the final room upstairs. We will tackle the bathroom up there too. Get rid of the red for sure and add brighter bulbs to the light fixture up there. I have been searching for a new mirror but I can’t find one that says ‘cabin’ so I’ll keep looking.

Other than that not much is going on. We need to really change that and add some stuff in so there is something to look forward to. I think next weekend we will take B on the snowmobiles too. That should be fun. Something different.

I hope you have a great New Years something and that you have some new goals/outlooks that you are excited for. Church starts at 9am this year and I am excited about that. We are super far behind on our scripture reading so hopefully we can get going on that again. Our last day reading was the 16th! 😔I’d like to focus on memories more than anything this year too. Looking forward to banking those and can’t wait for you to be a part of them again too.

I love you oodles and am so proud of all you are doing and who you are becoming. I love you for forever.

Mom


Popular posts from this blog

Mom's Talk: Sunday, July 10, 2022

Week 1 Email: I have a new Mom