Email from Mom: Monday, December 20, 2021
To: Kaitlyn.garcia@missionary.org
Date: Monday, December 20, 2021
Subject: Monday is weird...
So not gunna lie, it is weird knowing that I won't talk to you
until Wednesday. :) Crazy but life has a funny way of getting into
routine right? :)
I just got done looking
through your drive and saving photos so I can get them uploaded to your
blog. I am dying at a few things....first your raining ceiling! Please
please tell me something is underway to get that all repaired?! The
video of you making sure that you killed that big old gross black
bug...hysterical. Laughing at how many times you smacked him with your
shoe still has me grinning from ear to ear! And the package
count....clearly I didn't know that getting them to you would be so much
of a task. :/ I am sorry. I sure hope that it didn't cause you trouble
in transporting them back to Carpina. Fingers crossed?
You
can totally open the other packages...in fact the big green thing you
see is a wall Christmas tree that maybe you and Sister Bradbeer can work
on together? I thought you would have it before the week of Christmas
so I apologize. There are a few things wrapped but you may as well open
the others to enjoy them. Also, the syrup will totally make sense if you
open the package from Bruno! So freaking funny to watch your reaction
when you saw that it was syrup. :) I was so excited to find a way to get
something shipped from home but I have never struggled to shop for you
for Christmas quite like I did this year. There is something in there
for your companion too so she doesn't feel left out. I had already had
Bruno on a Christmas package before I found a way to get stuff from home
which is why it may seem a bit ridiculous. My apologies. Just know that
I love you and wanted to be sure to find a way to get you something. :)
Christian and his companion have had their Christmas gear since for
forever! In fact, the ties and socks that I sent for the both of them
have popped up in some of his images on his drive so I know for a fact
that he sure didn't wait to open anything on Christmas Day. Makes me
smile and laugh and I love that even in Africa, the kid has zero self
control on waiting. :) It has been such a hard secret for me to keep
knowing that we were able to send you something from home!! You will
also find that there is stuff from Julie, the infamous countdown plastic
chocolate calendar from Grandma (find one of your sweet littles there
to give it to...I am sure they will love it! Gross!), and Heather Smith
(Kaden's Mom) included a little something for you and your companion as
well. I hope you will be able to feel the love that was included in
getting you these pieces from home. <3 (And....inside the stocking is
an envelope that I am sure you will love the very most. I love that I
was able to get that sent for sure! He was so thrilled to be able to
include a small something for you as well)
Our
gingerbread houses did not take place last night...B wants to wait until
Christmas Eve to do those since we won't be in Payson at Grandma's.
Totally good with that. I worked on some cookies ( I actually don't love
them but I wanted to try a new cutter and a technique so...they are the
ones I sent you a photo of on Messenger ) and had, well still have,
quite the mess so doing houses would probably put me right over the
edge! Tyler gave me an early Christmas present yesterday that I cannot
wait to try today! A new projector for my cookies! I have some white
circles waiting for a design to be done. I am going to put some Grinch
images and send them to Kristina. I guess she dresses up like the Grinch
at Christmas and goes to see her grandbabies and they love it. I
thought it would be fun to try out this new toy Tyler got me and send
her some cookies on top of it all. Well, mostly Randy because he loves
them but you know what I am saying. :)
I
am hopeful that my grocery pickup yesterday is about all that I have to
do this week as far as Christmas is concerned. We do have a couple of
appointments on Wednesday for B but other than that I sure hope to stay
inside and not have to venture anywhere. I don't want to deal with the
cold (currently 27' and clear it says) and the people. I actually
thought about going to the mall today but I just can't bring myself to
really want to do that so instead I am going to stay right where I am. I
got some butter out of the fridge to get some more cookies done but we
will see what I feel up to. I mostly can't wait to try out the new
projector.
I am going to send you a
separate email with some photos because I am typing this up on my
computer and the images are on my phone and it's just a hassle to send
and save and upload...I hope that it is okay for me to do it like that.
Plus I hope I am not taking time from you by emailing you again this
week!
Oh yeah...dude! Have you ever heard
of reusable makeup wipes? They are these soft little washcloth like
things and you just get them wet with warm water and they take ALL the
makeup off! Even waterproof mascara! Then you toss them in the laundry
and can reuse them! I found them on the line at the Ulta and ordered
some for me and Brooklyn because I am sick of the cost of the ones I buy
at the Costco. Anyways, I am giving hers to her for Christmas but I
have started using mine and wowza. Game changer. I will for sure make
sure you have them when you come home! So nice and to not have to worry
about the disposable ones is sure awesome. Little things...
Anyways,
I love you. Although weird to not talk to you today I just needed you
to know that I love you. I hope you have the very best day ever and that
everything goes as you hope it will. I loved the new images and videos
on your drive. You look happy. That makes my heart swell with joy on my
end. You make me so proud day in and day out. Thanks for being you. I
love you for forever.
Mom