Email from Mom: Saturday, December 4, 2021

From: Mom
To: Kaitlyn.garcia@missionary.org
Date: Saturday, December 4, 2021
Subject: Christmas Vacation...What?!

Hey kiddo,
How are you? How was your week? I don't even know if I dare type this next question but I am going to anyways...do you have a baptism lined up still for Sunday after church?
Our week here was good. We got carpet all installed and paint touchups done on the baseboards. We got bedrooms put back together, the living room all done, and even had it all done by Wednesday evening. It was a huge project but it sure looks nice and I love that when you walk on the floor you don't hear the crinkle anymore and you don't get shocked! Total win! It smells good too. I love the smell of new carpet. B notsomuch. Ha.
B had her final ortho evaluation on Thursday. She was so excited to go and I was thrilled as well. Until we got there at back at 12:35pm and didn't leave until just after 2! What a joke. I will never recommend Horsley to anyone just out of the sheer arrogance that the office has within. Her teeth are beautiful but the staff and the overall experience...horrible. Don't tell her I told you but she gets them off on the 15th of December first thing in the morning. She cannot wait and I don't blame her. It was May 2015 (5th grade) that she got her appliance in the top of her mouth to start the whole process. She has been in them for forever!
Friday we had our Christmas Vacation party. I wasn't sure I wanted to play with who all was coming but it ended up being a lot of fun and in the end I am sure grateful that we have the space and means to do things like that. We had none of the Riddles show (go figure), no Jaime, the Millers did and I will just say this..I am sure grateful for REAL friends like Jason and Akaela. Life is better with them in it. I am done inviting the Riddles and the Stephens to stuff. They don't ever reciprocate and they RSVP but then don't show. Again, arrogance. Chad and Julie never showed up and I never heard from them either. We had some others that didn't say a word or show either but it worked out just fine. We asked each couple coming to bring a donation for the Road Home Shelter and the office is FULL. I am excited to go and drop them off this next week.
Talk to me about transfers. Where do things stand? How are you feeling? This next week is a little more full for us than it has been the last few. Tomorrow Tyler's siblings are hosting a surprise birthday gathering for Reed so he and I will drive to Logan for a couple of hours. Brooklyn said she didn't want to go so she will just hang at home. I have a dental appointment at 8:30am Monday morning, laser hair removal on Wednesday, my final QWO on Thursday, Charli gets a much needed haircut on Thursday, and then on Saturday I am going to take Katherine Chelius to a cookie class with Natalie. She has started to play a little bit with royal icing and I thought it would be fun to take her and just give her a day to only worry about herself. Plus I really enjoy her so it is a bonus for me too. :) We are looking at a very real possibility of getting snow this week too around here. I am not entirely sure (okay, I am so 1000% NOT OKAY) that it is going to be here but whatever. It is Winter and I just have to deal with it. UGH. I am jealous like you can't believe of your current weather conditions. I look at my weather app often to see just how lucky you are compared to where I am. :)
I can't wait to talk to you on Monday. I hope it will be an option but if not, I sure love you and need you to know just how proud I am of you. Everyone at the house on Friday asked about you and how you are doing. I seriously love being able to talk about you and all you are doing. It is one of my most favorite things ever. Keep doing all the really rad things you are doing. I have you in my thoughts and prayers always. I miss and love you tons
Love you to the moon and back,
Mom
- The group that gathered here. And it was actually a very fun evening
- The Strouds...like you would expect anything less right?
- Clark and Ellen Griswold

Popular posts from this blog

Mom's Talk: Sunday, July 10, 2022

Week 1 Email: I have a new Mom