Email Home: December 25, 2021

From: Kaitlyn.garcia@missionary.org
Date: December 25, 2021
Subject: Feliz Natal!

Because this week was a little weird, here's my weekly rundown! MERRY CHRISTMAS! It's a little weird to not be home but I'm so excited to get to call and talk to you guys :) 
Monday was a little weird to say the least haha! It was super weird not to get to talk to you and see how you're doing. I did appreciate your email though and I loved your pictures! Anyways, once I realized that it was just another day of work, I was ready to go! We had exchanges on Monday too so that was interesting haha! I don't know how I feel about that exchange honestly. Sister Martin's works very differently and she's very pushy with our friends. She literally forced a Book of Mormon on one of our friends. I was having a hard time with it if I'm being honest. It was kind of a double edged sword because I loved getting to talk in portugues with no english at all but Sister Martins was just so over bearing with our friends. UPDATE: The friend she pushed a Book of Mormon on now doesn't want to meet with us... It was a long 24 hours but I learned some new things and it was good in the end. At least I think haha! She did have to call one of the companionships because they're not getting along too well. Let's just say it was an interesting night ;) 
By the time Tuesday morning came I was so excited to just get to Conferência de Natal! It was with the whole mission too so that made it even better :) Irmão Amon came to get us bright and early and when we got in the car Elder Santos and Elder Morris were in there too so that was a surprise haha! The car ride was going by pretty quick but when we were about 20 minutes our from the escritorio Elder Santos told us that he didn't feel good and needed Irmão Amon to pull over. He started to dry heave and I wasn't about it at all! I was going to be so upset if he threw up on my dress. I've never left a car so fast in my whole life haha! He didnt end up getting sick but he was super duper pale. We made it to the escritorio in one piece and all was tranquilo :) Conference was so so good! We talked a lot about the Savior and just how humble He was and is. He literally was humble in every aspect of His life. The Spirit was also so so strong and it was overall just such a testimony builder. I also got to see Sister Da Mata! It's always so good to see everyone and get to talk to them. Sister Bradbeer was funny too and said that I know everyone haha! I only know names because we have plaquetas haha! By the end of the Conference though I could tell that Sister Bradbeer had something going on. I knew she wouldn't talk to me about it with the whole world there but I knew I needed to ask. Sister Da Mata also told me that people were starting to talk about the fact that Sister Bradbeer talks in english every chance she gets instead of in portugues. It kinda hurt I wont lie haha! I'm sure trying but I can't make her do anything at the same time so I'm at a loss. When we got back to Carpina we had a few things to do but I still wanted to talk to Sister Bradbeer. We finally got caught up on everything and I told her that we were going to have an honest hour and I needed her to spill all her feelings. She's so frustrated with the language that she's just giving up. I tried my best to help her but I also told her that she needs to speak in portugues more otherwise she wont ever learn and improve. By the end of it she said that she was grateful we talked about it because she felt better. I'm honestly just at a loss and I have no idea what to do to help her. Because we have the temple our pday got moved so I'm hoping to get to talk to President about it and see what he says.
Wednesday was the big temple day! It was like Christmas! I couldn't sleep and I kept waking up thinking that I was going to be late haha! I didnt want to miss the temple ;) Irmão Amon must've known too that I was anxious to get there because he was ready for us by 8:20am and we were off. We made it to the temple right on time and were able to get in pretty quick. I already told you about how the temple was but I still don't really have any words :) I have such a love for the temple and I can't wait to get back! It made me realize how amazing it was that I was able to start my day with the temple Senior year before COVID and how much I miss it because of COVID. It was too good :) After our session we had to go to the airport to get some documents taken care of for Sister Bradbeer. Basically everything that I just finished doing, she's doing now. We spent a good amount of time there and of course had our lunch there haha! With all this being said, our pday wasn't really pday haha! The life of a missionary never stops ;) I was sad not to get to get to talk to you but it worked out because of technolgy ;) By the time we got back to Carpina it was 5PM and Sister Bradbeer wanted to call her family. She took the hour and then it was back to work. Nothing too crazy happened honestly, just a few lessons. We also talked to a new friend, Antonio and he told us that he'd heard of the missionaries before so that was pretty rad! He even said that he might come to church on Sunday! Miracles are everywhere :) It was a slower night but it was such an amazing day! I love the temple!! :) 
On Thursday we had District Council woot woot! I always love DC and Elder Reis always has some kind of mini sermon to give us so it keeps it interesting haha! It was a solid DC and we talked about what we learned from Conferência da Natal and it was so cool to get to hear everyone's insights. I think that's my favorite part, is listening to what other people felt and learned. We had a few stops to hit, mainly the bank haha, but we got it all figured out and made it back safe and sound. Sister Bradbeer was talking to me and she told me that shes only understanding bits and pieces still. I'm at such a loss to help her. She just turns off her brain and stops paying attention but she also keeps going into her comfort zone with English. It's hard because I know shes frustrated but I don't know what I can do to help her ya know? Thursday was spent making phone calls and inviting people to church and wishing them a Feliz Natal. Sister Bradbeer is getting more comfortable too calling and sending messages so that's been cool to see :) I really hope we can get out on the street more honestly. We need to have some big changes happen for that to happen but I think it's totally possible :) We also planned for the Sisters from Limoerio to come and stay with us for Christmas Eve and Christmas because they don't have water and President said because it's Christmas they can come :) I'm excited but I feel like I'm throwing a party or hosting something big so I need to clean and buy things haha! I'm always the host ;) 
Christmas Eve!! It still feels weird to say that it's Christmas because there is no sign of snow and everything I would normally do for Christmas didnt happen this year. I did find a fee Forgotten Carols songs on Facebook though so that was a total win if you ask me :) Friday we got up and finished cleaning up the apartment to prep for the Sisters to come. Cleaning the floors here is my worst nightmare but once it's done it's totally worth it haha! We had a pretty normal day until the Sisters came. They needed to wash their clothes too so they got that all started. They didnt end up eating lunch before they left so they asked if there was anything open here. One thing I learned is that the 24th here is basically Christmas in Brasil haha! People were all on the street and in the supermarket. Oh! We also found Papai Noel! How rad is that?! Anyways, when the sisters got here we headed to the market to so they could get something to eat and we waited outside. We had a quick phone call with the STL's and then we were headed back to the apartment. We did have a super cool miracle though! While we were at the store waiting we ran into one of our gray dots! We got to talking and he's actually so cool! But we had a call with the sisters and by the time it was done we was gone :/ We have his number though so we're definitely gonna be calling him here soon :) On the walk back to the apartment we decided that we needed some Christmas Coco's! So there we were buying coconuts on Christmas Eve, whatta a time to be alive! We had a few contacts to make and messages to respond to but then it was time for the real party haha! Irmã Roberta invited us over for dinner so we all headed to her house. When I tell you it was a literal party, it was a literal party! We had food, got to talking, Irmã Roberta and her family got all dressed up, Irmão Eric brought his huge speaker and was playing music. It was awesome haha! I seriously just sat there with so much gratitude in my heart and tried to soak it all up :) I love our members here and I'm seriously so so lucky to have them :) 
I can't wait to hear all about your Christmas celebrations and how everything played out this morning! Merry Merry Christmas! I hope you know how much I love you and I can't wait for next year when I get to celebrate with you guys:) I love you to the moon and back 💗

Popular posts from this blog

Mom's Talk: Sunday, July 10, 2022

Week 1 Email: I have a new Mom