Email Home: Monday, December 13, 2021
From: Kaitlyn.garcia@missionary.org
Date: Monday, December 13, 2021
Subject: So many emotions
Hey hey hey!
Okay so I need to
start this off by saying this week was absolutely insane haha! Not only
that but sorry for uploading photos on Tuesday, I had a lot on Monday
and I had to clean my drive to make room.
Speaking
of Monday. You'll be glad to know that I spend 7 1/2 hours cleaning our
apartment haha! I told you, deep cleaning was happening. It was a total
mess of a day and we didn't do much else haha! I was glad that I did
get to talk to you for a minute though, that's always a huge highlight
on Mondays :) So you already know all about transfers and that I'm gonna
be training. Still have no idea how I feel about that by the way, I
think I'm just scared that I'm gonna ruin this new missionary or that
I'm gonna let someone down. I don't know it's just a lot of feelings
honestly haha! Monday night we had the whole world calling us to find
out what was going to happen with transfers. I'm also starting to get
really worried about what the ward is going to do when Sister Da Mata
leaves, it's pretty clear that they love her and talk to her more ya
know? We also ended up with açaí from Irmão Eric tambem because we told
him the news. We also ordered our last açaí together here in Carpina.
Kinda sad! We also had to start getting all of Sister Da Mata's stuff
put in suitcases but we were getting so many calls that none of that
really happened at all.
Tuesday was the big day.
The big transfer day. I honestly had so many emotions going on I don't
even know what I felt. Irmão Amon was a little atrassada too so we
waited for what felt like an eternity for him to get here. Because we
didnt have time to get Sister Da Mata's stuff put in suitcases on Monday
we ended up doing it on Tuesday. But let me back up too, Tuesday was
Sister Da Mata's birthday! I got up a little earlier and made her some
breakfast and laid out some little things I'd bought over the past few
weeks. We got ready for the day and she got to talk to her family. Her
mom ordered her this huge cake and a million salgados too that she ate
at 9am while talking with her family haha! I was super behind on writing
in my journal too so it gave me some time to write in my journal and
read some of my Book of Mormon :) It was after her family phone call
that we got to putting her stuff in suitcases. Just as we were getting
in the groove of everything Bispo showed up with another cake and some
Coca to celebrate her birthday and to say tchau. We took out lunch to
cut cake and divide everything up. Let's just say that she had a sack
full of cake and salgados haha! Then the time came for her to leave. I
had so many thoughts. I kept thinking and praying that I would know what
to do and have some kind of guidance. I'm still super lost and I would
love a phone call to God right now to ask some questions haha! Sister Da
Mata was a hard companion but at the end of the day we had a good time
and I'm really gonna miss her. I grew to love her and it's gonna be so
weird to not have her in Carpina with me. A few tears where shed as we
hugged and then she was gone and I had Sister Morias and Sister Da Silva
comigo. Let me tell you what a mess the night was haha! Sister Da Silva
just kept talking about how she doesn't want to leave and then started
to cry so it was just a lot going on Haha! It was also confirmed to me
by Sister Morais that I am in fact a mom so that was comforting I guess
haha!
By the time that Wednesday came around I was
feeling all kinds of emotions. Anxious, excited, nervous, tired, all
the things haha! Working in a trio is not my favorite and its hard to
take care of two areas. Wednesday was an early start too because Irmão
Amon came to get Sister Da Silva to take her for transfers and to bring
Sister Sanderson here. It was a big switch around all over the place.
Sister Sanderson is super tall and when she got out of the car I was a
little intimidated I wont lie haha! It was kind of a weird day too. I
taught a lot by myself while Sister Morias was explaining about the area
and all their friends. It was weird to teach by myself too knowing that
I had two missionaries that were capable of helping me but didnt. It
was a weird day all around. I did learn that I know quite a bit about
Carpina too haha! I was honestly super nervous for Sister Da Mata to
leave because of the way addresses work here and everything, but I was
surprising myself as the day went on and we tried to get stuff done.
Nothing too crazy happened today honestly, I just taught lessons haha!
My nerves started to set in a little bit though. It's all good though
and I got through all my feels ;)
Thursday is when
it really all started to get real haha! We had to make sure that
everything was ready for Friday. We had members call too and want to
know how I was doing so it was sweet to see that :) We also had DC woot
woot! Sister Sanderson is nee to the district so we had a little get to
know you time for a minute. She has about 5 months on the mission and
came straight from the CTM to the mission, no reassignment. Shes super
sweet but she kept looking at me like I knew what was going on. I think
she was just a little lost during our role play is all. Acontece:) This
week we had a lot of money for lunch so we went to little restaurants
all week. Thursday we ended up at the supermarket to eat a yummy salad
and snag a few things because we didnt have much here in the apartment.
We did but not enough if that makes sense. Being in a trio is a little
strange, I haven't been in a trio since I was in training so it was kind
of giving me my training vibes but this time around I know a little bit
more ;) This week I've been really just slacking on so many things, I
think it's because I just have so much going on in my brain. I seriously
feel like my head is just going to explode or something Haha! I also
started thinking about this new little missionary that I'm gonna a get
here on Friday and the one thing that kept going through my head was
that she wasn't going to have sheets and a pillow. Sheets are on the
packing list but not a pillow. I took some of lunch to do some
'research' as to where I could buy a pillow here in Carpina. I have no
idea why that was something I was thinking about but that was my concern
for her haha! It was quite the hassle to buy some sheets from the
Americanas let me tell you that,but I finally got them and it all worked
out.
Friday was the big day! I felt like it took
forever for the afternoon too. Honestly I just started to think in all
the things that I had to do this week and everything I have to teach.
I'm seriously so overwhelmed I can't even begin to explain it. I had a
few lessons and some contacts but that's really all, nothing too
exciting. I tried to get as much done as I could but I did what I could
too. Teaching alone blows, I realized this week how much companions are
really needed. Then we got the message from Irmão Amon saying that he
was here and ready to get us. My heart started to get really fast and I
started to spiral a little bit Haha! An american straight out of the
CTM, what do I even expect? I have not one clue Haha! We ended up
getting to Presidents house a little bit earlier than anticipated and
President was late so we just ended up working and making phone calls. I
also talked to Sister Zaugg for a minute because shes in charge of the
Facebook page now and wanted all kinds of ideas. I don't miss that world
at all let me tell you that much haha! I tried my best to help but then
we headed the door open and I knew that my new missionary was coming.
It was kind of a brain trip I wont lie Haha! My brain functions in
portugues now and President was talking only in English. I also had to
translate for Sister Xavier about what was going on because she doesn't
speak any bit of English. Let's just say that the last time my brain was
this tired was when I was in the CTM and was learning portugues.
President Nordfelt had a little suspenseful game to try and get people
to guess who their companion was going to be too. Sister Bradbeer was
seriously just so nervous and didnt have too much to say. She was super
quite and then when she found out that I was her companion she kinda
started to talk to me. We had our dinner and the new missionary speech
and got ready to head out. I was so tired and I was remembering what it
was like when I got here and figured that cute Sister Bradbeer was tired
too. We didnt get back to Carpina until close to 10:30pm and when we
did she had so many questions for me. She doesn't hardly speak the
language so it was a little weird to talk to her in english I wont lie. I
was so tired when we got back to the apartment though that I literally
almost passed out as we walked in the door haha!
Which
brings me to Saturday! Então for new missionaries they get permission
to sleep in the first day because of the time difference and they
normally travel for like two days to get to Brasil. With that being
said, Sister Bradbeer slept in and took advantage of that haha! I got to
catch up on my journal writing and did some studying. I honestly just
needed some kind of divine help because I had to idea what to do. It was
like a scene from a movie I think haha! I had a sleeping missionary and
I just paced around the apartment trying to get some kind of revelation
on what to say to her, how to give her information, what to do, just
anything. It was a mess! We also had lunch in Pauldalho on Saturday so
we had to leave to make sure that we were there in time. This is where I
literally was the worst missionary of all time and just wanted to cry
Haha! We got on the bus all fine and dandy a d I was trying to explain
some things to Sister Bradbeer. I tried not to be overwhelming but the
mission is a lot so I hope I didnt scare her too much. As I was talking I
stopped paying close attention to where we were at because Sister
Bradbeer wasn't understanding. That meant that we got off the bus too
early and in another city. I kinda started to freak out because that
meant we were going to be later than we had said. I found us a van and
we hopped in to try and get there faster. While we were in the van I
realized that the guy lied to us and we were going the wrong direction,
it was also this time that I realized we were in the right city and I
just didnt trust myself. We got out of the van and grabbed another one
to head back. Sister Bradbeer was all smiley and happy but I was so
stressed because our phone stopped working and I didnt have anyway to
contact Irmã Neide to tell her what was going on. We got to Pauldalho
finally and I was able to call her. I seriously could've cried on the
phone talking to her. We booked it to her house and then we were able to
have lunch. We were still late so I felt so so bad but once I explained
what happened a d that Sister Bradbeer slept in due to Presidents
orders, she was a little bit more tranquilo. It was a mess and I just
wanted to be done honestly. We finished up lunch and got back to
Carpina. When we got back we stopped at the grocery store to grab a few
things to eat for the rest of the week and made our way back to the
apartment. Sister Breadbeer is definitely new and I realized just how
fast I do things haha! All the way down to walking, it's gonna be a
little bit of an adjustment that's for sure. We also got a message from
Mayara on the walk back saying that she doesn't feel ready to be
baptized on Sunday. I tried to just set a call with her to see what's
going on. She set a time and I tried to keep it all together honestly
haha! Saturday was not my best day let's just say that.
Sunday.
Sunday. I wont lie it felt pretty weird to not have Sister Da Mata with
me. Not only that but I get to play translator for everything because
cute Sister Bradbeer is still learning. The ward is super sweet and they
all came up to me and told me if i needed anything to call them, lesson
help, dinner, anything haha! I also had to give a talk in church too. I
honestly don't even know if it was good or not, I was just trying to
focus on making sure Sister Bradbeer was alive with all the members
talking to her. When I asked her if she was understanding anything she
told me no and I could see the disappointment in her eyes ya know? She
really just wants to get the language. After church we came back to the
apartment for lunch and I kind of explained how Sunday's go. Sundays are
always our busiest days but training makes it busier because I have to
explain everything. We also had conselho with Irmão Eric at his house.
It turned into this huge long thing too. I kept having to stop him to
translate what was going on because Sister Bradbeer was so lost. Somehow
we got some activity planned and apparently I'm gonna be teaching
English class. I'm a little overwhelmed to say the least Haha! We also
had to call Sister Bradbeer's family because she doesn't remember her
password for anything and shes locked out of her church account. We
tried for about an hour with no success so we get to fix that tomorrow. I
don't know what my day is gonna look like tomorrow but nonetheless im
super excited to get to talk to you! I love you!